READ DATA FROM - FM25V01 FRAM BY USING PROGRAMMERS

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

I am using FM25V01 128-Kbit (16 K × 😎 Serial (SPI) F-RAM. After storing the data in to the flash ,want to read the data from the flash for full memory region. Is there any tool or device like PROM Programmer to directly read the dumped data to read this F-RAM. Please help on this. If you know any tools suggest me.

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
MeduH_46
Employee
Employee
5 sign-ins 10 replies posted 5 replies posted

Hi Azhagiri, 

There are multiple ways to read the F-RAM. It is more easy to read from the controller which is used to program the F-RAM. Basically you need a SPI master with access to F-RAM pins to read the data. We don't have any dedicated tool to read F-RAM. Following are the two options.

1. Use a generic microcontroller. I am attaching here a PSoC 4 project which can be run on "Pioneer Development Kit" as Bob mentioned. 

I have placed hex file "PSoC4_FRAM_SPI.hex" under the main folder. 

Here are the pin assignments are 

CS    - P3[4]

SCK - P0[6]

SI     - P2[4]

SO   - P2[5]

UART:rx   - P0[4]

UART:tx   - P0[5]

I would recommend to see section 5.2 of the CY15FRAMKIT-001 user guide for UART set-up. User guide is downloadable from http://www.cypress.com/file/46776/download

Once this is done, press key 'd' for reading the entire 1-Mbit memory. It will display on the UART terminal (PuTTY or any other equivalent). Those UART tools have options to save the data to a log file.

2. Another option is to use any third party tool like Aardvark I2C/SPI Host Adapter - They can be configured as SPI master and by sending command "03 00 00 00 00..." you can read back the data. 

http://www.totalphase.com/products/aardvark-i2cspi/

Let me know if you have further queries or need further assistance in this.

Regards,

Harsha​

View solution in original post

0 Likes
8 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Welcome in the forum!

Your FRam has got a serial interface named SPI. I am not concerned with programmers, but you might use a Pioneer Development Kit, and program an SPI interface into (Examples availlable) and use an USB-UART interface (Examples, too) to send the data to an emulated com-port on your PC.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi..

Thank you for your reply. It means that via jtag debugger it is possible to do that. My need is i want to maintain data should be secured. how to do that security in F-RAM.

FM25V01 128-Kbit (16 K × 😎 Serial (SPI) F-RAM for this part number is there any adapter board supplied by cypress to program it or edit it. if it is supplied provide us the datasheet.

Azhagiri

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

I would suggest you to create a support case and ask Cypress directly. At top of this page ->Design Support -> Create a Support Case

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you bob..

Azhagiri

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
MeduH_46
Employee
Employee
5 sign-ins 10 replies posted 5 replies posted

Hi Azhagiri, 

There are multiple ways to read the F-RAM. It is more easy to read from the controller which is used to program the F-RAM. Basically you need a SPI master with access to F-RAM pins to read the data. We don't have any dedicated tool to read F-RAM. Following are the two options.

1. Use a generic microcontroller. I am attaching here a PSoC 4 project which can be run on "Pioneer Development Kit" as Bob mentioned. 

I have placed hex file "PSoC4_FRAM_SPI.hex" under the main folder. 

Here are the pin assignments are 

CS    - P3[4]

SCK - P0[6]

SI     - P2[4]

SO   - P2[5]

UART:rx   - P0[4]

UART:tx   - P0[5]

I would recommend to see section 5.2 of the CY15FRAMKIT-001 user guide for UART set-up. User guide is downloadable from http://www.cypress.com/file/46776/download

Once this is done, press key 'd' for reading the entire 1-Mbit memory. It will display on the UART terminal (PuTTY or any other equivalent). Those UART tools have options to save the data to a log file.

2. Another option is to use any third party tool like Aardvark I2C/SPI Host Adapter - They can be configured as SPI master and by sending command "03 00 00 00 00..." you can read back the data. 

http://www.totalphase.com/products/aardvark-i2cspi/

Let me know if you have further queries or need further assistance in this.

Regards,

Harsha​

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Harsha,

Thank you for the detailed explanation on this. How to Protect the data from third person. example he should not read the data , only concern person should read the data. is there any settings on this.

Regards,

azhagiri

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

As Harsha stated: "There are multiple ways to read the F-RAM."

So a protection from reading will not be possible, Only way out will be to use encryption techniques within the environment that programs the FRam. When you are telling a bit more about the application you want to perform we could probably make more exact / better suggestions for you.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you bob..

Azhagiri

0 Likes