Question about Auto Store and Recall of nvSRAM

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
NaMo_1534561
Level 5
Level 5
Distributor - Macnica (Japan)
100 replies posted 100 sign-ins 50 replies posted

Hello,

I have a question about Auto Store and Recall function of nvSRAM.
According to the data sheet, when the voltage (Vcc) drops to the threshold (Vswitch), STORE will operate automatically.
The STORE operation time is about 8ms.

If the voltage drops momentarily and then recovers (Vcc recovers within 8ms), the RECALL operation starts in the middle of the STORE operation, and the STORE is interrupted.
I think there is a risk that the data will not be retained correctly.

Or, once the STORE operation starts, will RECALL not be performed until the processing is completed even if Vcc> Vswitch?

MPN:  CY14B104K-ZS45XIT

Best Regards,

Naoaki Morimoto

0 Likes
1 Solution
PradiptaB_11
500 replies posted 250 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Hi Morimoto-san,

Please note that ongoing AutoStore will complete even if it is interrupted by power-up cycle. The device will complete the ongoing AutoStore cycle and initiate power-up RECALL process. So you should not observe any data corruption due to this power up cycle during an AutoStore operation.

Thanks,

Pradipta.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
PradiptaB_11
500 replies posted 250 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Hi Morimoto-san,

Please note that ongoing AutoStore will complete even if it is interrupted by power-up cycle. The device will complete the ongoing AutoStore cycle and initiate power-up RECALL process. So you should not observe any data corruption due to this power up cycle during an AutoStore operation.

Thanks,

Pradipta.

0 Likes
NaMo_1534561
Level 5
Level 5
Distributor - Macnica (Japan)
100 replies posted 100 sign-ins 50 replies posted

Hi Pradipta-san,

Thank you for your answer. My question has been resolved.

Best Regards,

Naoaki Morimoto

0 Likes