Programming FM25V20A FRAM

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
TYLERBOND
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked Welcome!

Hello, I'm curious if there is a recommended programming software/hardware for loading code to the FM25V20A FRAM?  

I would like to load code via SPI header pins on a Vorago VA41620 MCU board which the FRAM is installed on.  I'm pretty sure I can isolate the FRAM and I have access to the SPI bus through header pins.

The problem I am having and what I think has happened:

Faulty code loaded on the FRAM which is causing the MCU to try and reload from the FRAM periodically, I've confirmed this by scoping the SPI bus with logic analyzer.  I'm using Segger Jlink debug pod to program and when I attempt to reload code using Keil MDK IDE I am not able to access the memory.  The Segger JlinkSPI tool does not appear to recognize the FRAM either.  I would like to try and bypass the MCU and reprogram the FRAM directly.

Any advice or suggestions are very much appreciated.

Thank you!

0 Likes
1 Solution
Ritwick_S
100 solutions authored 25 likes received 250 sign-ins

Hi @TYLERBOND,

> There is no recommended programming software/hardware for writing to the FM25V20A FRAM.  

> We have code examples for Arduino and PSoC4 kits for FM25W256 SPI F-RAM. You may refer to the code example and develop the code for FM25V20A using VA41620 MCU board. Please find the link to the code example. 

https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-CY15FRAMKIT-001_Example_Projects-PCBDesignData-v04_00-EN.zip?...

Thanks,

Ritwick

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Ritwick_S

Hi @TYLERBOND,

> There is no recommended programming software/hardware for writing to the FM25V20A FRAM.  

> We have code examples for Arduino and PSoC4 kits for FM25W256 SPI F-RAM. You may refer to the code example and develop the code for FM25V20A using VA41620 MCU board. Please find the link to the code example. 

https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-CY15FRAMKIT-001_Example_Projects-PCBDesignData-v04_00-EN.zip?...

Thanks,

Ritwick

0 Likes
Ritwick_S

Hi @TYLERBOND,

I don't think you can directly program our FRAM using Segger Jlink debugger. The SPI programming tool can directly program supported SPI flashes.

ritwicksharma_0-1645448469691.png

You may also refer to our app note- SPI Guide for F-RAM™  for more details.

Thanks,

Ritwick

0 Likes