FRAM FM28V020-SG Problems since serial number G 1749647029

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
MT_Germany
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked First like given Welcome!

Dear Cypress-Community,

we use the FRAM FM28V020-SG since over 10 years, and we had no problems for a  long time. In this fine working time period we use FM28V020-SG with second number e.g. "A 1601602287" or older...

But since end of 2018 the FM28V020-SG with second number G 1749647029 makes more and more problems.

Since April 2020 5% of our boards with FM28V020 lost some bytes (we are always testing the F-RAM Memory each 2seconds --> we get checksum errors since FM28V020-SG with seconde number G 1749647029).

Can you say me, what has changed from older to newer FM28V020-SG Versions ?

Does something was changed in the Maximum Ratings? Or was there a change in the operating range?

Or was there a change in the timing? Or anything else?

Thanks a lot for your answer(s).

Best regards

Markus T. from Germany

0 Likes
1 Solution
PradiptaB_11
500 replies posted 250 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Hi Markus,

There were no changes that should affect the device performance. If you are facing issues (data corruption) we will need to debug the issue. I will suggest you to kindly create a tech support case with us so that we can proceed with this. Let me know if you are unable to do so then we can create a case for you.

(PS: We want to shift to case instead of forum as you may be not comfortable to share all the details like schematics and other related information on this platform. Once the issue is resolved you can post the solution here)

View solution in original post

1 Reply
PradiptaB_11
500 replies posted 250 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Hi Markus,

There were no changes that should affect the device performance. If you are facing issues (data corruption) we will need to debug the issue. I will suggest you to kindly create a tech support case with us so that we can proceed with this. Let me know if you are unable to do so then we can create a case for you.

(PS: We want to shift to case instead of forum as you may be not comfortable to share all the details like schematics and other related information on this platform. Once the issue is resolved you can post the solution here)