Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
GSchiaffonati
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Hello,

I'm working on a proven hardware design with FM25V20A. The design has previously been proven working with CY15B104Q 4Mb FRAM device and the application code has been verified as working.

The pull-up on FM25V20A pin 7 has been removed as the Rev I (Aug 2019) Datasheet for FM25V20A states this pin is "DNU" and can be left floating or pulled-up (FM25M20A DS Rev I, page 3).

However a previous revision of the FM25V20A datasheet, Rev D (2014), indicates pin 7 is #HOLD and must be pulled-up when unused.

When pin 7 "DNU" is floating, the application can not access the FRAM device. When pin 7 DNU is pulled up, the application can access the FRAM device correctly. The application does not implement control of #HOLD function on the SPI interface, the SPI interface does not connect to pin 7 in any way.

It appears the DNU pin 7 is actually functioning as a #HOLD pin described in Rev D of the datasheet and not as DNU described in Rev I.

The part marking is:

G2V20A

<square> C

This should indicate the part is from Lot# 615552 and was packaged week 19 of 2020?

I expected the part to behave as the Rev I of the FM25V20A datasheet describes, however, it does not. It looks that the DNU pin MUST be pulled-up - there is no option to leave floating as the datasheet states.

Measuring the voltage at the floating DNU pin reads 0v, no noise or ripple. The oscilloscope is calibrated , 500MHz voltage probe used with a local PCB ground connection.

Is there a documentation error or a fault with the part?

0 Likes
1 Solution
PradiptaB_11
500 replies posted 250 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Hi,

Please note that pin 7 need to be connected to VDD.

We have not completely migrated to new die which has HOLD as DNU. We are still shipping old and new die. Kindly refer to PCN201703 which states we will be shipping both the dies.

Thanks,

Pradipta.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
PradiptaB_11

Hi,

We will check the top marking on the device you have provided with our team for issues. Also we will consult our team on this and give you an update on this.

Thanks,

Pradipta.

0 Likes

Hi Pradipta,

That would be excellent.

Thanks,

Marco

0 Likes
PradiptaB_11

Hi,

Please note that pin 7 need to be connected to VDD.

We have not completely migrated to new die which has HOLD as DNU. We are still shipping old and new die. Kindly refer to PCN201703 which states we will be shipping both the dies.

Thanks,

Pradipta.

0 Likes