Differences between CY14B101PA, CY14B101Q and CY15B102Q

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
user_3991516
Level 1
Level 1

Hello CYPRESS Team,

I currently working on the automotive projet. I need some component who can generate a signal as long as possible (rising edge or falling edge) to wake up a microcontroller in sleep mode. I also want to reccord some setup information.

I bought the CY14B101PA because it include a RTC and NvSRAM to memory. I test it but this component can't generate a signal on backup mode.(page 23 third paragraph).

So I decided to choose a other RTC to wake up my microcontroller and took a additional component to reccord some data.

After some research I found the the CY14B101Q and the CY15B102Q. If I understand your datasheets the CY14B101Q is the same component as the CY14B101PA without RTC application. The CY15B102Q has the same application than the CY14B101Q reccord data, but it doesn't required a Vcap to memory the SRAM information in the QuantumTrap because it use the F-RAM technologie. The memory access is faster and the SPI are a slower (25MHz for the CY15B102Q and 40MHz for the CY14B101Q). I think the CY15B102Q is a good choice even if is more expensive than the CY14B101Q, it automotive certified. But I have some questions about the CY15B102Q for the fast read memory data and the electronic design.

The SPI speed of the CY15B102Q are up to 25MHz and except a misunderstanding from myself all op-codes are avaible at this speed.

In that case can you tell me the differences between the read op-code and the fast read op-code?

To make my electronic design may I use the AN64574 Figure (2. 8-pin SPI nvSRAM Interface (No VCAP) with Controller) for the CY15B102Q ?

Best regards

Gaëtan COBIGO

0 Likes
1 Solution
SudheeshK
250 sign-ins First question asked 750 replies posted

Hi,

Please refer datasheet for more details about Fast read operation. Support for fast read operation is added to make our F-RAM device compatible with serial flash devices, so that you can use the same software. Please see more details on page 8 of datasheet, http://www.cypress.com/file/175731/download .

CY15B102Q is an F-RAM device (not nvSRAM), and it does not need an external capacitor. AN64574 is not applicable for F-RAMs, it talks about nvSRAMs. Connection diagram for CY15B102Q will be same as figure 2 in AN64574.

Thanks and Regards,

Sudheesh

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
SudheeshK
250 sign-ins First question asked 750 replies posted

Hi,

Please refer datasheet for more details about Fast read operation. Support for fast read operation is added to make our F-RAM device compatible with serial flash devices, so that you can use the same software. Please see more details on page 8 of datasheet, http://www.cypress.com/file/175731/download .

CY15B102Q is an F-RAM device (not nvSRAM), and it does not need an external capacitor. AN64574 is not applicable for F-RAMs, it talks about nvSRAMs. Connection diagram for CY15B102Q will be same as figure 2 in AN64574.

Thanks and Regards,

Sudheesh

0 Likes