CY15B104QN-50SXA FRAM Device ID Read Backwards

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
mbowen
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

I am trying to read the Device ID from a CY15B104QN-50SXA chip and am getting out 0x402CC27F7F7F7F7F7F, which is the LSB to MSB read of the actual device ID listed in the datasheet, 0x7F7F7F7F7F7FC22C40. The datasheet claims the chip should read it out MSB to LSB, is there a reason this wouldn't be the case? Are other read/write operations affected as well?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Ritwick_S
100 solutions authored 25 likes received 250 sign-ins

Hi @mbowen,

In the case of device ID, the LSB byte, i.e., byte 0, shifts out first. I think you missed reading the Note part in the datasheet, so I have highlighted that part in the below image. Read and write operations should be MSB first.

ritwicksharma_0-1653530798830.png

I hope this answers your query.

Thanks,
Ritwick

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Ritwick_S

Hi @mbowen,

In the case of device ID, the LSB byte, i.e., byte 0, shifts out first. I think you missed reading the Note part in the datasheet, so I have highlighted that part in the below image. Read and write operations should be MSB first.

ritwicksharma_0-1653530798830.png

I hope this answers your query.

Thanks,
Ritwick

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Hi Ritwick,

Thank you for the response. The note you have highlighted seems to contradict Figure 15 below the paragraph about Device ID reads. Can you confirm that the figure is in error, or is the note?

Thanks,

Max

0 Likes
Ritwick_S

Hi @mbowen,

I believe that is the most significant bit (MSB) of the least significant byte and the least significant bit (LSB) of the most significant byte.

Thanks,
Ritwick

0 Likes

Hi Ritwick,

Thank you for that explanation, that would explain the behavior we are seeing. I would suggest Infineon update their datasheet to make it more clear that the figure refers to bits and not bytes.

Thanks,

Max

0 Likes