CY15B064Q-SXE

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
nareshreddy
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

HI,

I am using CY15B064Q-SXE IC as it suits my requirement.

In the product spec it was written that minimum operating temperature is -40 deg.

But in datasheet it is mentioned that, the operating temperature range when powered up is (-50 deg).

Which temperature should i consider.

What is the difference between them.

Thanks & Regards

Naresh

0 Likes
1 Solution
PradiptaB_11
500 replies posted 250 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Hi @nareshreddy ,

The minimum operating range is -40 C where the device will exhibit all the datasheet listed performance in terms of DC and AC specs. We do not recommend using the device below this temperature.

-55 C is the max rating for the ambient temperature. Exceeding maximum ratings may shorten the useful life of the
device. Also below -40 C you may not see datasheet listed performance. The AC specs for the part may exceed their mentioned values in the datasheet. Hence the datasheet only mentions -40 C as the minimum operating temperature.

Thanks,

Pradipta. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
PradiptaB_11
500 replies posted 250 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Hi @nareshreddy ,

The minimum operating range is -40 C where the device will exhibit all the datasheet listed performance in terms of DC and AC specs. We do not recommend using the device below this temperature.

-55 C is the max rating for the ambient temperature. Exceeding maximum ratings may shorten the useful life of the
device. Also below -40 C you may not see datasheet listed performance. The AC specs for the part may exceed their mentioned values in the datasheet. Hence the datasheet only mentions -40 C as the minimum operating temperature.

Thanks,

Pradipta. 

0 Likes
nareshreddy
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Hi Pradipta,

We are using this as memory, why will this has AC spec?

What is AC and DC specs? what is its significance?

We just want to use the memory at -55 deg C ambient is that a problem ?

At working condition, the minimum operating temperature is -55 degC as per datasheet.

nareshreddy_0-1637580037702.png

0 Likes

Hi @nareshreddy ,

Q) We are using this as memory, why will this has AC spec?

Comment) With AC specs i meant the  AC switching characteristics or the timing parameters mentioned in the datasheet. 

Q) What is AC and DC specs? what is its significance?

Comment) DC specs lists out the electrical characteristics for the device while the AC specs lists out the switching characteristics for the device.

Q) We just want to use the memory at -55 deg C ambient is that a problem ?

Comment) The max rating for the part is -55 C for ambient temperature and the max rating for operating temperature is -40 C. In between this temperature range if the device is operated you will not damage the device but the device will not guarantee datasheet listed performance. For example the the tODV time might reduce in that temperature range.

I am referring the 002-10029 Rev. *D  datasheet. Are you referring to any other datasheet?

0 Likes