Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
0amcclure
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked Welcome!

I see other posts asking if the CY14E256LA-SZ25XI was obsolete and Infineon states full production.  Digi-key and Mouser list as Obsolete.  Digi-key sent me the attached list (PD220902A) of Product Discontinuation.  It lists the CY14E256LA-SZ25XI as being obsolete with the 3.3V chip (CY14B256LA-SP25XI) as the Next Best Alternative Part.

Is this list of discontinued Memory Products correct? 

How was this list generated if the part had not been Discontinued.

Should I make a case to redesign all our assemblies or are these parts not be in Discontinued?

Thanks

-Aaron

0 Likes
1 Solution
Ritwick_S
100 solutions authored 25 likes received 250 sign-ins

Hi @0amcclure,

CY14E256LA-SZ25XI was discontinued as per PD220902A, with the last order date in Dec-2022.

Unfortunately, the lifecycle in our website still needs to be updated, and we will take action to make the product lifecycle changes reflect on our website as soon as possible.
Given that these are changes due to the EOL of this particular package, our replacement parts are not direct pin-to-pin compatible equivalents.

Thanks,
Ritwick

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Ritwick_S
100 solutions authored 25 likes received 250 sign-ins

Hi @0amcclure,

CY14E256LA-SZ25XI was discontinued as per PD220902A, with the last order date in Dec-2022.

Unfortunately, the lifecycle in our website still needs to be updated, and we will take action to make the product lifecycle changes reflect on our website as soon as possible.
Given that these are changes due to the EOL of this particular package, our replacement parts are not direct pin-to-pin compatible equivalents.

Thanks,
Ritwick

0 Likes