CY14B101Qx linux driver

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
WaCh_4680201
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Cypress team,

I am looking for linux driver for this device.  Is there any driver compatible for this?

I have kernel 4.9.140 and ARM platform.

Thanks.

Walter

0 Likes
1 Solution
GirijaC
50 sign-ins 25 sign-ins 10 solutions authored

Hi Walter,

I got a response from our internal team. Currently, we do not have an explicit nvSRAM driver for Linux  However, we recommend use either the

Linux SPI EEPROM driver under: drivers\misc\eeprom\at25.c

or the

Linux SPI Flash drivers under: drivers\mtd\spi-nor\spi-nor.c + drivers\mtd\devices\m25p80.c

Both drivers are using device ID based probing that needs to be disabled and hard wired to the appropriate device entry (density, capabilities, …). Basic READ and WRITE functionality should work in this case with the above drivers, but note that there is no support for special NV instructions such as STORE or RECALL.

Thanks,

Girija

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
GirijaC

Hi Walter,

Please let me know the exact nvSRAM part number which you are planning to use. This will help us to check the availability of the driver.

Thanks,

Girija

0 Likes

Hi Girija,

The exact nvSRAM part number is: 170120 - Cypress CY14B101Q2LHXI

Thanks.

Walter

0 Likes
GirijaC

Hi Walter,

Thanks for providing the part number. I will check with our internal team and let you know if we can support your request.

Thanks,

Girija

0 Likes
GirijaC

Hi Walter,

I got a response from our internal team. Currently, we do not have an explicit nvSRAM driver for Linux  However, we recommend use either the

Linux SPI EEPROM driver under: drivers\misc\eeprom\at25.c

or the

Linux SPI Flash drivers under: drivers\mtd\spi-nor\spi-nor.c + drivers\mtd\devices\m25p80.c

Both drivers are using device ID based probing that needs to be disabled and hard wired to the appropriate device entry (density, capabilities, …). Basic READ and WRITE functionality should work in this case with the above drivers, but note that there is no support for special NV instructions such as STORE or RECALL.

Thanks,

Girija

0 Likes

Thanks Girija.

0 Likes