want to decide when to upload the parameter file

Announcements

From sunburn to sun earn – we’ve got the power! Watch our #poweringgreen videos now.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
MathanRaja
Level 4
Level 4
100 sign-ins 10 questions asked 25 replies posted

Hi,

I am using Eval IMM101T-046M with STM32F303RE.

Currently, I am uploading the parameter file (Two Motor and User UART configuration files on pages 0,1 & 15) through stm32.

As we discussed earlier, it is impossible to come back from user UART to MCE mode.

Now, I want to upload parameter files if its need. so How to check if it's already uploaded with the same parameter file?

For now, I am storing flag = 1 in stm32 flash memory after the parameter file is uploaded. But it does not work perfectly. Because if I want to upload the parameter file again or if I connect a new board. At that time, the stm32 flash memory has flag =  1.

If (Flag == 1)

// Avoid parameter file upload

else

// Upload parameter file

I want to reset this flag at the time of uploading or I want to read the IMM flash memory.

Thanks 

Mathan

0 Likes
1 Solution
Viswa
10 likes received 50 solutions authored 100 replies posted

Hi @MathanRaja,

As already stated in another queries this is one possible way,

iMOTION devce stays in the boot for 200ms within that duration you can access the MCE UART with programming commands.

For more details please refer to : iMOTION™ 2.0 Device Programming

This helps to change between user UART and MCE UART.

Best Regards

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
Viswa

Hi @MathanRaja 

As discussed in one of the threads,

we suggest comparing the data read from the parameters page against a known data point in the external controller(stm32 in this case) and then take a decision to upload the parameters.

Best Regards

0 Likes
MathanRaja
Level 4
Level 4

Hi @Viswa 

If I want to read the known data points through an external MCU. At that time I should be in User UART mode. Once the comparison is done. There is a mismatch in the files. So I want to upload the parameter file. But I am already in User UART mode. As we know, we can't upload parameter files in user UART. So I can't go MCE mode without MCE designer software.

Thanks

Mathan

0 Likes
Viswa

Hi @MathanRaja 

As discussed please use the Multi motor parameter programming feature, to upload the parameters for as many motors as possible. 

Best Regards

0 Likes
MathanRaja
Level 4
Level 4

Hi @Viswa 

As I mentioned initial reply, I am using multi-motor handling. Already I mentioned why I am looking for this option.

If (Compare_Condition == 1)

// Avoid parameter file upload

else

// Upload parameter file

I want to decide, whether I want to upload a parameter file or not. Without reading IMM flash memory how to decide?

My Firmware initially checks the flash memory then if it's needed. It will upload the parameter file otherwise it will skip.

Thanks

Mathan

0 Likes
Viswa

Hi Mathan,

We suggest to pre-program the boards in production considering the parameter page is not programmed.

Best Regards

0 Likes
MathanRaja
Level 4
Level 4

Hi @Viswa 

So there is no way to implement my concept.

Is it Right?

Thanks

Mathan

0 Likes
Viswa

Hi @MathanRaja,

As already stated in another queries this is one possible way,

iMOTION devce stays in the boot for 200ms within that duration you can access the MCE UART with programming commands.

For more details please refer to : iMOTION™ 2.0 Device Programming

This helps to change between user UART and MCE UART.

Best Regards

0 Likes