uart link break

Announcements

From sunburn to sun earn – we’ve got the power! Watch our #poweringgreen videos now.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
yangyong
Level 5
Level 5
Distributor - Jingchuan(GC)
5 comments on blog First comment on blog 50 questions asked

I have made user UART communication between General MCU and imc101t. I can control the motor using the write register command.  in my MCU uart program, I judged that the communication with imc101t was interrupted, I reinitialized my UART, but I still can't communicate with IMC101T.  After power on again, the communication returns to normal.

Because the product is in the customer's place, I can only see that the parameters of imc101t are not updated through the HMI. Moreover, the communication interruption is an accidental event, and I can not judge whether it is the problem of MCU or the problem of imc101t.

how can I solve the communication failure? How does imc101t  handle link break ?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Krupashankar
500 replies posted 50 likes received 25 likes received

Hi @yangyong,

If the UART Link break fault is triggered then the motor goes into a fault state and the motor stops. 

This fault occurrence can be detected by reading the register FaultFlags (bit 13) using the script. 

For more details refer to section 3.2.8.15 FaultFlags iMOTION – MCE – Software Reference Manual v1.3 

Please write a custom script to detect this fault and this fault can be cleared by writing 1 to FaultFlags this will reset the fault condition and initialize the UART lines.

For more details regarding script please refer to : How to Use iMOTION™ Script Language

Please let us know if any further details are required.

Thanks,

Krupashankar

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Krupashankar

Hi @yangyong  ,

UART Link Break fault can be enabled to detect communication failure, fault is triggered if there is no communication in the UART line for the specified break out time.

• UART Link break fault can be enabled by setting the parameter FaultEnable bit [13] to 1 to enable link break fault (add 8192 to existing FaultEnable value) parameter.txt file. This particular fault has to be cleared with user script.
  • UART link break time to trigger fault can be changed by varying UART1_LinkBreakCount in the parameter.txt file ( UART1_LinkBreakCount each count is 1mSec ).

If UART Link break fault is triggered then motor goes into fault state and it can be cleared by writing 1 to FaultClear using script. This helps to detect the communication failure and restore the fault.
Please design your application using this fault.

Thanks,
Krupashankar

0 Likes
yangyong
Level 5
Level 5
Distributor - Jingchuan(GC)
5 comments on blog First comment on blog 50 questions asked

If UART Link break fault is triggered, It means that the communication between MCU and imotion is collapses. iMotion  may not receive FaultClear command.  i mean, when imotion detects UART LINK FAULT, what will it do? Will it initilize the UART to restore the UART to normal.

0 Likes
Krupashankar

Hi @yangyong,

If the UART Link break fault is triggered then the motor goes into a fault state and the motor stops. 

This fault occurrence can be detected by reading the register FaultFlags (bit 13) using the script. 

For more details refer to section 3.2.8.15 FaultFlags iMOTION – MCE – Software Reference Manual v1.3 

Please write a custom script to detect this fault and this fault can be cleared by writing 1 to FaultFlags this will reset the fault condition and initialize the UART lines.

For more details regarding script please refer to : How to Use iMOTION™ Script Language

Please let us know if any further details are required.

Thanks,

Krupashankar

0 Likes