Announcements

From sunburn to sun earn – we’ve got the power! Watch our #poweringgreen videos now.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
kevinli
Level 1
Level 1
First like given First question asked Welcome!

Hi!

I notice the driver charge/discharge current DACs in tle92108 are nonlinearly configed (Figure 31/32 in datasheet). Seems like small currents are trimmed with smaller steps, I'm wondering the propose of this. Why do I need to trim the small charging currents with this small presicion (~1mA steps)?

Thanks

BR

0 Likes
1 Solution
Xiangrui
500 replies posted 250 solutions authored 50 likes received

Hi Kevin,

Normally the steps between two configurated nominal current should be smaller with the absolute value which help customers to find their wanted values.

However, the nominal current is not strict linear even between adjacent data in a small range. This is because of approximation and there will be some deviation in the practical application, especially for low current.

In table 13 and 14, we provide just a possible range for different configuration. The nominal current is a tested typical value in this range.

Regards,

Xiangrui

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Xiangrui
500 replies posted 250 solutions authored 50 likes received

Hi Kevin,

Normally the steps between two configurated nominal current should be smaller with the absolute value which help customers to find their wanted values.

However, the nominal current is not strict linear even between adjacent data in a small range. This is because of approximation and there will be some deviation in the practical application, especially for low current.

In table 13 and 14, we provide just a possible range for different configuration. The nominal current is a tested typical value in this range.

Regards,

Xiangrui