imc301 encoder input

Announcements

From sunburn to sun earn – we’ve got the power! Watch our #poweringgreen videos now.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
qwertyqwq35
Level 3
Level 3
First like received 5 questions asked 25 sign-ins

Hi,

Currently i m using imc101t but i want to read incremental encoder inputs so i m currently searching low cost solutions.And i discovered imc301 series.

And here i want to ask you before make any payment to component distributers. Can imc301 handle interrupt input for incremental encoder  2000 ppr rate ? There was no published example for interrupt input . If you have any published documents please share with me .

Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution
LinGuohui
500 replies posted 50 likes received 250 solutions authored

Hi @qwertyqwq35 

IMC301 has POSIF peripheral and can support encoder. Without interrupt input, POSIF can directly process encoder input. POSIF uses CCU4 to count pulse signals. 2000PPR is OK for IMC301' POSIF peripheral. For more information you can refer:IMC300A-iMOTION_Controller_with_additional_microcontroller-UserManual  21 Position Interface Unit (POSIF)

There is no published  example code for IMC300 POSIF, You can refer to XMC microcontroller. The POSIF of IMC300  is basically the same as the XMC controller.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
LinGuohui
500 replies posted 50 likes received 250 solutions authored

Hi @qwertyqwq35 

IMC301 has POSIF peripheral and can support encoder. Without interrupt input, POSIF can directly process encoder input. POSIF uses CCU4 to count pulse signals. 2000PPR is OK for IMC301' POSIF peripheral. For more information you can refer:IMC300A-iMOTION_Controller_with_additional_microcontroller-UserManual  21 Position Interface Unit (POSIF)

There is no published  example code for IMC300 POSIF, You can refer to XMC microcontroller. The POSIF of IMC300  is basically the same as the XMC controller.

0 Likes