Announcements

From sunburn to sun earn – we’ve got the power! Watch our #poweringgreen videos now.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Kaleeswaran
Level 2
Level 2
10 questions asked 25 sign-ins First like received

hello all,

how to measure hall angle offset in mce wizard.  I am using 3 digital hall sensors, each displacement by a 120-degree electrical angle.  my scope has two channels both have only one reference point. then how do I measure the UV line back emf, hall sensor1 waveform? please guide me,  without the hall sensor it is working fine,

0 Likes
1 Solution
Sahil_K
First like given 100 solutions authored 250 sign-ins

Hi @Kaleeswaran ,

Please refer to the below image for the measurement of the Hall angle offset. And for more information please refer to section 2.8.6 of the Functional reference manual.

sk7211_1-1700125967599.png

As you said you have 2-channel oscilloscopes with one reference point, you can measure the line-line back EMF and Hall signal shown in the image by using two isolated probes or one differential probe for the line-line back EMF, and a passive probe for the Hall signal measurement.

Best Regards,
Sahil Kumar

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Sahil_K
First like given 100 solutions authored 250 sign-ins

Hi @Kaleeswaran ,

Please refer to the below image for the measurement of the Hall angle offset. And for more information please refer to section 2.8.6 of the Functional reference manual.

sk7211_1-1700125967599.png

As you said you have 2-channel oscilloscopes with one reference point, you can measure the line-line back EMF and Hall signal shown in the image by using two isolated probes or one differential probe for the line-line back EMF, and a passive probe for the Hall signal measurement.

Best Regards,
Sahil Kumar

0 Likes