custom IMD700A board

Announcements

From sunburn to sun earn – we’ve got the power! Watch our #poweringgreen videos now.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
HLUBU
Level 1
Level 1
First like received 5 sign-ins First reply posted

Im currently working on a custom IMD700A board for a big project, but im not able to get the chip programmed. For programming I use the J-Link lite which was included with my XMC1400 boot kit. Checking the connection with J-LINK Commander was not successful. So my question is, if its even possible to programm this new chip with the J-link lite i have access to. 

1 Solution
Raj_C
250 solutions authored 500 replies posted 50 likes received

Hi @HLUBU,

1. As per the attached Schematic, this pinout is for the 8-pin debugger. Which is given for the KIT_XMC_LINK_SEGGER_V1.

2. The Pinouts are also not matching the XMC Link debugger's pinout (Please refer to the Figure 1). Could you please confirm if it is mapped correctly on the actual hardware?

Raj_JC_0-1678696052275.png

Figure 1 XMC Link pinout (page no 8 )

3. Please also refer to the EVAL_IMD700A_FOC_3SH schematic for further recommendation.

Raj_JC_1-1678696225483.png

Figure 2 EVAL_IMD700A_FOC_3SH pinout

Please let us know if this helps.

Thank you

Best Regards

Raj Chaudhari

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Raj_C

Hi @HLUBU,

Could you please let us know if this is a custom board or the evaluation board? If the Evaluation board then please point out the product page.

Thank you

Best Regards

Raj Chaudhari

0 Likes
HLUBU
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, @Raj_C 
Its a custom board, im still not able to get the chip programmed. 

It would be great if you could point me in the right direction. 

HLUBU_0-1678484249357.png

0 Likes
Raj_C

Hi @HLUBU,

1. As per the attached Schematic, this pinout is for the 8-pin debugger. Which is given for the KIT_XMC_LINK_SEGGER_V1.

2. The Pinouts are also not matching the XMC Link debugger's pinout (Please refer to the Figure 1). Could you please confirm if it is mapped correctly on the actual hardware?

Raj_JC_0-1678696052275.png

Figure 1 XMC Link pinout (page no 8 )

3. Please also refer to the EVAL_IMD700A_FOC_3SH schematic for further recommendation.

Raj_JC_1-1678696225483.png

Figure 2 EVAL_IMD700A_FOC_3SH pinout

Please let us know if this helps.

Thank you

Best Regards

Raj Chaudhari

0 Likes
HLUBU
Level 1
Level 1

Hi @Raj_C .

Thank you for your support.

I checkt the Pins on the PCB, and they seem to be correct. Could it bee, that i have to power up the board completely whith the motor voltage? Because the IMD700 has its own integrated LDO and switching regulator, in order to activate the chip.  I have not found anything in the datasheet. I bought a XMC Link debugger (which is isolated) and supplied the board with 3.3V from a external source, but with no luck. 

0 Likes
Vinay
50 solutions authored 100 replies posted 250 sign-ins

Hello @HLUBU,

Good Day!

DVDD voltage for IMD700A is 3.3V, DVDD voltage for IMD701A is 5V, could you share us the power supply section and IMD700A schematic as well?

For programming IMD700A, which tool you are using?

We can program IMD700A using XMC flasher, Dave IDE tool or using BPA Motor control GUI.

Could you share us the error message you are facing while flashing the hex file?

Thank you!

Best Regards,
Vinay
0 Likes