What is the maximum input voltage for EVAL_IMD700A_FOC_3SH board

Announcements

From sunburn to sun earn – we’ve got the power! Watch our #poweringgreen videos now.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
GG_Prasanth21
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First like given First question asked

What is the maximum input voltage for EVAL_IMD700A_FOC_3SH board? 

The operating voltage of the EVAL_IMD700A_FOC_3SH and IMD700A are totally different. So I am confused. 

The application note of EVAL_IMD700A_FOC_3SH says, input voltage is 12 to 24V. Same side, the datasheet of the IMD700A says, operating voltage is 5.5V to 60V. 

My question is, If I am give the voltage more than 24V, what would happen?   

I attached the screenshot of the application note of EVAL_IMD700A_FOC_3SH and datasheet of the IMD700A for your reference.

Kindly helping me to clarifies the doubt.

1.jpg2.jpg

0 Likes
1 Solution
Vinay
50 solutions authored 100 replies posted 250 sign-ins

Hello Prashant,

Good Day!

Thanks for posting your question in Infineon Community.

The MOTIX™ IMD700A IC (BLDC Integrated Controller and Smart 3 Phase Gate Drive) can withstand up to 60V, operating range for the MOTIX™ IMD700A IC is 5.5 V to 60 V.

The operating voltage of the eval board EVAL_IMD700A_FOC_3SH is 12 to 24V. The power modules (IQE013N04LM6) used in the eval board are low Power-MOSFET, 40 V.

You can see the eval board schematic in the application note of eval board EVAL_IMD700A_FOC_3SH (EVAL_IMD700A_FOC_3SH schematic – power stage, phase “U”, "V" and "W"), input to the power stages is V_INV (EVAL_IMD700A_FOC_3SH schematic – DC input), which is from J1 BAT and J2 PGND.

The maximum rating of MOTIX™ IMD700A IC is 60V but the maximum operating range of Eval board EVAL_IMD700A_FOC_3SH is 24V because of power module limitation.

Thank you!

Best Regards,
Vinay

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Vinay
50 solutions authored 100 replies posted 250 sign-ins

Hello Prashant,

Good Day!

Thanks for posting your question in Infineon Community.

The MOTIX™ IMD700A IC (BLDC Integrated Controller and Smart 3 Phase Gate Drive) can withstand up to 60V, operating range for the MOTIX™ IMD700A IC is 5.5 V to 60 V.

The operating voltage of the eval board EVAL_IMD700A_FOC_3SH is 12 to 24V. The power modules (IQE013N04LM6) used in the eval board are low Power-MOSFET, 40 V.

You can see the eval board schematic in the application note of eval board EVAL_IMD700A_FOC_3SH (EVAL_IMD700A_FOC_3SH schematic – power stage, phase “U”, "V" and "W"), input to the power stages is V_INV (EVAL_IMD700A_FOC_3SH schematic – DC input), which is from J1 BAT and J2 PGND.

The maximum rating of MOTIX™ IMD700A IC is 60V but the maximum operating range of Eval board EVAL_IMD700A_FOC_3SH is 24V because of power module limitation.

Thank you!

Best Regards,
Vinay
0 Likes