TLE9563 - Interfacing with Arduino to run BLDC motor

Announcements

From sunburn to sun earn – we’ve got the power! Watch our #poweringgreen videos now.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Sayali234
Level 3
Level 3
25 sign-ins 25 replies posted First solution authored

Hello Team,

1. I am trying to run TLE9563 shield with Arduino to rotate BLDC motor. As per user manual I have made connection and jumper between arduino and shield.

2. As per below  code arduino it gives error for "BLDC_DUTYCYLE is not member of BLDCMcontrol".

https://motor-system-ic-tle956x.readthedocs.io/en/latest/sw-frmwk/arduino/arduino-api.html

To clear error I commented below line and tried to run code, the code got uploaded and motor also started rotating.

Sayali234_0-1649325816738.png

but at 6V it is taking 0.7A current and it is not rotating smoothly. 

3. It is due to I have commented above line. please guide us how to clear duty cycle error.

4. While uploading code I have selected XMC1100 boot kit board. Is this board is correct.

5. I have got below options of board after installing XMC board.

Sayali234_1-1649326051264.png

Regards,

Sayali

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Raj_C
250 solutions authored 500 replies posted 50 likes received

Hi @Sayali234,

You need to install all libraries properly to compile the code successfully. As per my attached screenshot, you can see that it is getting compiled properly after including all libraries.

For installing libraries follow the steps given here:

https://motor-system-ic-tle956x.readthedocs.io/en/latest/sw-frmwk/arduino/arduino-lib-installation.h...

Download the latest release of the libraries from here:

https://github.com/Infineon/motor-system-ic-tle956x/releases

Are you trying to program the Arduino board? If yes then select Arduino in board selection.

Please, let us know if this solves the issue.

Thank you

Best Regards

Raj Chaudhari

View solution in original post

0 Likes
13 Replies
Sayali234
Level 3
Level 3

Hello Team,

To above points I want to add one more observation.

1. If I connect jumper to HSS2 (shown below) the RED LED glow and motor does not rotate. If I connect all jumper except HSS2 the motor rotate but it takes high current at vey voltage (@6V ,0.6A) and also its rotation is not smooth.

Sayali234_0-1649395855501.png

2. Does LED indicate any connection error.

Regards,

Sayali

0 Likes
lock attach
Raj_C

Hi @Sayali234,

You need to install all libraries properly to compile the code successfully. As per my attached screenshot, you can see that it is getting compiled properly after including all libraries.

For installing libraries follow the steps given here:

https://motor-system-ic-tle956x.readthedocs.io/en/latest/sw-frmwk/arduino/arduino-lib-installation.h...

Download the latest release of the libraries from here:

https://github.com/Infineon/motor-system-ic-tle956x/releases

Are you trying to program the Arduino board? If yes then select Arduino in board selection.

Please, let us know if this solves the issue.

Thank you

Best Regards

Raj Chaudhari

0 Likes
lock attach

Hello Raj,

1. while adding libraries in arduino it shows error of  " no header file found in C".    library zip file but zip files get added.

2. Sometimes when I compile the code it compile successfully and when I upload using Arduino uno board it shown error below error.

Sayali234_1-1649413800791.png

3.Earlier I have uploaded the code using XMC1100 boot kit but as per your suggestion I have selected the Arduino Uno but same error of BLDC_DUTY is not member of BLDCMcontrol.

4.do we need to put all jumpers of J1,J2 on BLDC shield.

Regards,

Sayali

0 Likes
lock attach
Raj_C

Hi @Sayali234,

1) I would recommend you to delete all the previously included libraries. Include the library from the motor-system-ic-tle956x-2.0.0.zip file.

2) I am able to successfully upload the code.

Raj_JC_0-1649739938552.png

3) For jumper settings please refer to the following document:

https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-BLDC_Shield_TLE956x-UserManual-v01_00-EN.pdf?fileId=5546d4627...

Please, let us know if this helps.

Thank you

Best Regards

Raj Chaudhari

0 Likes

Hello Raj,

1. I removed all previous library and added library which you share.

2. while uploading when I given the supply to eval kit that time the code got uploaded but still in session log it has shown below error.

(Invalid library found in C:\Users\sayali.shinde\OneDrive - Altra Industrial Motion\Documents\Arduino\libraries\TimerHelpers.h-master: no headers files (.h) found in C:\Users\sayali.shinde\OneDrive - Altra Industrial Motion\Documents\Arduino\libraries\TimerHelpers.h-master.

3. I tired to rotate motor at lower voltage 6V but is rotating but taking high current , so I change " uint16_t speed = 1500;" from 400 . current reduce form 0.6 to 0.4 A. when I increase voltage  from 6 to 9V, at 9V there is voltage drop of 0.5V and above 10V it does not rotate . even speed is very low.  Is there any gain factor we need to increase for speed.

5. what is maximum value we can make in "uint16_t speed = 1500".

6. Is there any voltage limit in board .

7.when I connect jumper at HSS2 the D1 led glows read and motor does not rotate.

does it indicate any type of error . is it due to this motor is not rotating properly

8. when I connect all other jumpers except at HSS2 the motor rotate.

Regards,

Sayali

0 Likes
Raj_C

Hi @Sayali234,

1) Can you please, program the Arduino board without connecting the BLDC shield. 

2) Which code example are you trying to program into Arduino. I have tried the 'TLE9563_BLDCM-control.ino' code and it is getting programmed without any errors.

3) Can you please share the motor parameters.

4) uint16_t speed will be limited for its max equivalent decimal value which is 65,536. I don't see any limiting factor in the code for now.

5) It is recommended to use a 12V supply for this board.

6) For Jumper settings refer to the following document:

https://motor-system-ic-tle956x.readthedocs.io/en/latest/hardware-platforms.html#jumper-settings

Please, let us know if you need further support.

Thank you

Best Regards

Raj Chaudhari

0 Likes
lock attach

Hello Raj,

1. I am also trying same code TLE9563_BLDCM-control.ino.

2. For motor parameters please refer attached datasheet.

3. For uint16_t speed it means I can give value in code up to  65,536 right.

4. As per spec of eval kit it is given that operating voltage is upto 28. ,for refere below is ss of it.

Sayali234_0-1649995014116.png

Regards,

Sayali 

0 Likes

Hello Raj,

waiting for inputs.

Regards,

Sayali

0 Likes

Reply awaited

0 Likes

Reply awaited

0 Likes
Sayali234
Level 3
Level 3

Hello Raj,

Reply awaited.

Regards,

Sayali

0 Likes
Sayali234
Level 3
Level 3

Hello Team,

Kindly reply asap.

Regards,

Sayali

0 Likes
Raj_C

Hi @Sayali234,

Can you please let us know the current issues you are facing? It will help us to give you the resolution.

Thank you

Best Regards

Raj Chaudhari

0 Likes