TLE9201SG - SPI diagnosis

Announcements

From sunburn to sun earn – we’ve got the power! Watch our #poweringgreen videos now.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Faust
Level 1
Level 1
First like given First reply posted First question asked

Hello,

I am using TLE9201SG in my design. I want to use SPI diagnostics to find out if there is load connected between outputs. I am checking this in OFF state (DIS  = 1).

It appears that Open Load (OL) state is latching - that means if I have no load connected at the outputs OL state is being set in diagnosis register and does not change after connecting the load. To get proper diagnosis I have to reset diagnosis register before reading it. Even if I disable OL checking (OLDIS = 1), read diagnosis (state = No failure), enable OL back again (OLDIS = 0), diagnosis reads OL again.

Datasheet says that OL is not latching, so it seems that I am doing something wrong or datasheet is wrong.

I attached part of my design schematic.

If anyone knows what could be the cause (datasheet error/my mistake) please help me.

Thank you.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Raj_C
250 solutions authored 500 replies posted 50 likes received

Hi @Faust,

The open load detection has different behaviours between the "in OFF state" and "in On state"

The Open load detection in the On state is not latching and the associated bit field will be reset automatically if the open load condition no longer exists. (As described in chapter "Reset behaviour of diagnosis register")

Raj_JC_0-1659333632560.png

The affected bit of the open load detection in the "OFF state" has to be cleared via SPI before being read out again after the load is de-energized.

Please, let us know if you need further clarification.

Thank you

Best Regards

Raj Chaudhari

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Raj_C
250 solutions authored 500 replies posted 50 likes received

Hi @Faust,

The open load detection has different behaviours between the "in OFF state" and "in On state"

The Open load detection in the On state is not latching and the associated bit field will be reset automatically if the open load condition no longer exists. (As described in chapter "Reset behaviour of diagnosis register")

Raj_JC_0-1659333632560.png

The affected bit of the open load detection in the "OFF state" has to be cleared via SPI before being read out again after the load is de-energized.

Please, let us know if you need further clarification.

Thank you

Best Regards

Raj Chaudhari

Faust
Level 1
Level 1
First like given First reply posted First question asked

Thank you for explanation. I'd like to suggest to make a revision of datasheet and at least add asterisk (*) in register description with explanation of latching behaviour. I think it is confusing in current form.

Thank you once again.

0 Likes
Viswa
10 likes received 50 solutions authored 100 replies posted

Hi @Faust 

Sure this will be taken up in the next revision.

Best Regards

0 Likes