TLE9201SG PWM output

Announcements

From sunburn to sun earn – we’ve got the power! Watch our #poweringgreen videos now.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
kirus1997
Level 1
Level 1
First like given First reply posted First question asked

Hi there,

I am using TLE9201SG H-bridge drive and have a requirement to control the 24V actuator using PWM.

Since there is a PWM input pin on the drive, the microcontroller is sending 1KHz at 50% duty PWM signal into the PWM pin.

I am expecting to see one of the output pins at 0V, which I do, and the other output pin at 24V PWM of 1KHz at 50% duty.

I am, however, seeing a clean 24V on that output.

Am I missing something? There are not a great deal of control pins on this h-bridge used to control the outputs..

Thanks a lot for your help,

Kind regards,

K

0 Likes
1 Solution
Neo_Qin
5 likes given 250 replies posted 250 sign-ins

Hi @kirus1997 ,

Sorry, I misunderstood your question at first.

I think your actuator must be some kind of inductive load, such as a DC motor,when using PWM modulation for motor speed control, assume DIR=1, the following phenomena should be observed:
a) V_OUT1 =VS, which is a constant value.

b) V_OUT2 is a square wave that is phase complementary to the PWM control waveform.

When DIR=0, it's just the opposite.

This description is somewhat abstract, but fortunately, Infineon provides a small online simulation example H-BRIDGE KIT 2GO, click the "simulation transient" button and enlarge the diagram, you can easily analyze the control logic.

Neo_Qin_0-1671556110457.png

The Vpp_OUTx = Vs, so if the phenomenon is not obviously, please check whether the test method is appropriate first.

Regards,

Neo

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Neo_Qin

Hi @kirus1997 ,

According to the output truth table of TLE9201SG, check the configuration of DIS (pin11) and DIR (pin1) pins in your application.

Neo_Qin_0-1671548649465.png

Regards,

Neo

0 Likes

Hi @Neo_Qin,

Thanks for coming back qiuckly.

My apologies, should have mentioned this.

Obviously my disable pin is low, which enables the outputs. Direction is not really applicable to this question, as it just selects the polarity of the outputs.

I have been using TLE9201SG to control actuators for the past 3 years, also for short circuit and open circuit detection via spi diagnosis register. 

But I have always thought that my outputs were PWMed, but they are not apparently, even though i am sending a PWM signal to the PWM pin on TLE9201SG.

Thank you for your support.

Kind regards,

K

0 Likes
Neo_Qin

Hi @kirus1997 ,

Sorry, I misunderstood your question at first.

I think your actuator must be some kind of inductive load, such as a DC motor,when using PWM modulation for motor speed control, assume DIR=1, the following phenomena should be observed:
a) V_OUT1 =VS, which is a constant value.

b) V_OUT2 is a square wave that is phase complementary to the PWM control waveform.

When DIR=0, it's just the opposite.

This description is somewhat abstract, but fortunately, Infineon provides a small online simulation example H-BRIDGE KIT 2GO, click the "simulation transient" button and enlarge the diagram, you can easily analyze the control logic.

Neo_Qin_0-1671556110457.png

The Vpp_OUTx = Vs, so if the phenomenon is not obviously, please check whether the test method is appropriate first.

Regards,

Neo