TLE7209-3Raum vs TLE7209-2R (Full H-bridge DC stepper controller in enginees)

Announcements

From sunburn to sun earn – we’ve got the power! Watch our #poweringgreen videos now.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Polar
Level 1
Level 1
First like given First reply posted First question asked

Dear all,

I would like to ask you wether I can use the component TLE7209-3Raum instead of TLE7209-2R ? I had a look at tbe specifications and the only difference seems to be that 3R has a larger output current than the 2R. (These IC's are used to control qas ventitile in benzin cars, like, for example, Peugeot 206).

Thank you for your help,
Polar

https://www.infineon.com/cms/en/product/power/motor-control-ics/brushed-dc-motor-driver-ics/integrat...

0 Likes
1 Solution
Xiangrui
500 replies posted 250 solutions authored 50 likes received

Hi Polar,

It' OK. Feel free to post your question if you have something unclear with our product.

Here is the diagram on datasheet. For NC Pin, you can let it floating (non-connected).

Xiangrui_0-1677749065766.png

BR,

Xiangrui

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Xiangrui

Hi Polar,

TLE7209-2R is already not recommended for new design. TLE7209-3R has better performance than TLE7209-2R.

Another difference is that TLE7209-3R saves a Pin for internal charge pump.

Best regards,

Xiangrui

0 Likes
Polar
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you very much Xiangrui for your prompt reply! So, it means that I can replace the damaged TLE7209-2R in my car 'sECU with a TLE7209-3R. Right?

Thanks a lot for your advice! 

0 Likes
Polar
Level 1
Level 1

Yet, another question: if I substitute the damaged 2R with a new 3R, should I connect the pin #4 in 3R (like with 2R) or should I leave #4 unconnected in 3R?

Thanks again!

0 Likes
Xiangrui

Hi,

please let Pin 4 open if you use TLE7209-3R.

However, if you are not designing new product. You can still replace the damaged TLE7209-2R with a new one. 

Although, TLE7209-3R has enhanced performance compared with TLE7209-2R. It is better to do reliability test, if you are modifying an old system.

BR,

Xiangrui

0 Likes
Polar
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Xiangrui,

While replacing the damaged 2R with a new 3R in an OLD SYSTEM, should the pin #4 be connected or left non-connected? Sorry for bodering you and thank you very much in advance. 

Yours,

Polar

0 Likes
Xiangrui

Hi Polar,

It' OK. Feel free to post your question if you have something unclear with our product.

Here is the diagram on datasheet. For NC Pin, you can let it floating (non-connected).

Xiangrui_0-1677749065766.png

BR,

Xiangrui