TLE4206

Announcements

From sunburn to sun earn – we’ve got the power! Watch our #poweringgreen videos now.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Frederick
Level 1
Level 1
First like received First reply posted First question asked

Can someone tell me the different between TLE4206, TLE4206-2G, TLE4206-4G? When I type TLE4206 on Infineon website, it directed to TLE4206-2G, but they also show an App note back to 2003 on TLE4206. I found Siemens TLE4206 datasheet back in 1998. Is the TLE4206 obsoleted and now replaced by TLE4206-2G? Are they pin to pin compatible? What is TLE4206-4G from Avnet, Digikey website?

0 Likes
1 Solution
RupakC
100 solutions authored 250 sign-ins 25 likes received

Hello @Frederick 

As stated in my previous reply, the TLE4206G is not recommend for new designs. However, you may use the TLE 4206-2G for your new designs. You must keep in mind that the current peak blanking feature is not available and the same pin is disconnected in the new device. 

Regards

RupakC

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
RupakC

Hello @Frederick 

I am checking with our internal team on your issue. I will get back to you with a response as soon as possible. 

Thank you for your patience.

Regards,

RupakC
0 Likes
RupakC

Hello @Frederick 

We do not recommend the products TLE4206G and TLE4206-4G for new designs. TLE4206-2G is active and preferred for new designs. 

The TLE 4206-2G is a design-version of the TLE 4206G. In the TLE 4206-2G, the current peak blanking Pin is disconnected. A hysteresis is introduced at the lower RANGE threshold. This allows reliable de-activation of the device by pulling the RANGE input to GND also under critical application conditions.

The TLE 4206-4G is a derivate of the TLE 4206-2G. The Range pin not only offers short circuit protection at the
reference potentiometer but also determines the potentiometer’s voltage range of operation.

The TLE4206G has the Current Peak Blanking feature which is not available in the other two. 

I hope the above information will be of help to you. 

Regards 

RupakC
0 Likes

Rupak, thank you for the information. I had design already using TLE4206G. Can I use TLE4206-2G to replace it? I cannot find TLE4206G in the market anymore.

RupakC

Hello @Frederick 

As stated in my previous reply, the TLE4206G is not recommend for new designs. However, you may use the TLE 4206-2G for your new designs. You must keep in mind that the current peak blanking feature is not available and the same pin is disconnected in the new device. 

Regards

RupakC
0 Likes