Stable RPM waveform

Announcements

From sunburn to sun earn – we’ve got the power! Watch our #poweringgreen videos now.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
AsadBashir160
Level 3
Level 3
50 sign-ins 25 replies posted First like received

Hi, I'm working on Invertor compressor using EVAL-M1-CTF620N3 controller board with EVAL-M1-101T-F048 controller. I have read manuals for both controller board and controller as well as EVAL-M1-IM535. But now I'm stuck. I want to make RPM stable. I know that the motor speed variation can be controlled by tuning the Kp and Ki values so I changed parameters Ques  62 : Speed regulator Proportional gain and Ques  63 : Speed regulator Integral gain but nothing happened.

Another issue is that my motor vibrates when it starts but it become stable at around 2200 RPM (4700 to 5700 counts). I believe that this issue is related to unstable RPM waveform. The following picture is my current "RPM waveform".

AsadBashir160_0-1673239012812.png

So, that's why I want help. Please help me clear my confusion and please mention if I've missed something.

Thanks. I'll be waiting for your guidance.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Krupashankar
500 replies posted 50 likes received 25 likes received

Hi @AsadBashir160,

As we can see that there is always a load connected to the motor. We would recommend following the steps given in the document AN2020-12 Driving high inertia loads with iMOTION™2.0

Please let us know if it works or any further help is required.

Thanks,

Krupashankar

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Krupashankar
500 replies posted 50 likes received 25 likes received

Hi @AsadBashir160,

As we can see that there is always a load connected to the motor. We would recommend following the steps given in the document AN2020-12 Driving high inertia loads with iMOTION™2.0

Please let us know if it works or any further help is required.

Thanks,

Krupashankar

0 Likes

Hi @Krupashankar,

Thank you for your reply.

Sure. I'll go through the document and will get in touch with you soon.

Thanks,

AsadBashir160

0 Likes