Solution Designer only 100A motor current (Inverter) can be entered.

Announcements

From sunburn to sun earn – we’ve got the power! Watch our #poweringgreen videos now.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Evangelos
Level 1
Level 1
5 replies posted 25 sign-ins First like received

Hello,

I have just downloaded the Solution Designer and I realised that the motor current (Inverter rated current) can only be adjusted to 100A max.

In the "old" MCE Wizard it could be adjusted to higher values.

Is it possible to enter a higher value than 100A? (300A?)

Thanks

Evangelos Michos

0 Likes
1 Solution
Krupashankar
500 replies posted 50 likes received 25 likes received

Hi @Evangelos,

Sorry for the delay in response.

Now I should change the Inverter current to a higher value. This value goes only to 100A.

Presently current is limited to 100A Please don't modify the .xml files.

Will it be implemented later in a new Software release? (Higher currents for motor and Inverter?)

Yes, We have raised this issue with our internal team. We will fix this issue in the newer version.

A Question for the future. (Will infineon implement a HFI (High-frequency Injection) for low speeds in the Software?

iMOTION MCE has initial angle sensing to detect rotor angle before starting the motor. This allows MCE to sense angle at zero speed. 

Please let us know if any further information is required.

Thanks,

Krupashankar

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Krupashankar

Hi @Evangelos,

Thanks for pointing this out. Yes, the solution designer presently doesn't allow the user to enter more than 100A of current. We will raise this concern with our internal team. 

Thanks,

Krupashankar

Hi

thank you for your fast reply and solution.

I have done the changes in the xml.file and now I can change the rated current of the motor to 300A.

Now I should change the Inverter current to a higher value. This value goes only to 100A.

Will it be implemented later in a new Software realease? (Higher currents for motor and Inverter?)

I like this Software very much because I can't programm and the Infineon QUI allows me to drive a motor without writing a code. (Well done Infineon)

A Question for the future. (Will infineon implement a HFI (High frequency Injection) for low speeds in the Software?)

There are some solutions out there where this HFI works in low speeds and then when the BEMF is high enought it changes to BEMF FOC controll.

Thats would be very cool. (See benjamin vedder (VESC) on youtube)

Best Regards

Evangelos

0 Likes
Krupashankar

Hi @Evangelos,

Sorry for the delay in response.

Presently current is limited to 100A Please don't modify the .xml files.

Will it be implemented later in a new Software release? (Higher currents for motor and Inverter?)

Yes, We have raised this issue with our internal team. We will fix this issue in the newer version.

A Question for the future. (Will infineon implement a HFI (High-frequency Injection) for low speeds in the Software?

iMOTION MCE has initial angle sensing to detect rotor angle before starting the motor. This allows MCE to sense angle at zero speed. 

Thanks,

Krupashankar

Hi Krupashankar,

Now I can change the Inverter rated current too.

Thank you for yout support.

I know the initial angle sensing of the iMotion Controller.

The pulses are done BEFORE the motor starts to spin.

The HFI what I mean happens all the time (while the motor is spinning).

With this method you can achieve a very precise Rotor position measurement even in very low RPM. (or at stillstand with max. torque)

It´s just an advise maybe for future implemetation in the iMotion Controllers.

I think in sensorless motor controll the HF-Injection will play an important rolle in the future.

I thought it could help to start a motor (sensorless) with high torque with HF-Injection and when the BEMF is high enought to switch to BEMF sensing.

Thank you again and Best Regards

Evangelos

0 Likes