Announcements

From sunburn to sun earn – we’ve got the power! Watch our #poweringgreen videos now.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
svoncken
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First like given 5 sign-ins

Hello,

I'm working with EVAL-M3-102T board in combination with the EVAL-M3-IM564 to get familiar with the motor control software. In our final application we'll use the user UART communication to control the iMotion IC including parameterset selection. 

The solution designer has been set up according to the application note 'Handling multiple motor/pfc parameters' but when selecting a parameterset other than the default (param set 0) and looking at the value via solution designer,  some parameters are not corresponding to the parameters entered in the solution designer, for example 'Open loop ramp rate' and 'Minimum speed'. This is strange because this happens consistently and other parameters will change to the right value. Also after a controller reset ,which is suggested in the application note, this deviation remains. Could you please give me a solution/explanation for this problem? 

Thank you in advance! 

Sam

0 Likes
4 Replies
SarkarSushru
100 replies posted 10 likes received 100 sign-ins

Hi @svoncken ,

The scenario has been reproduced at our end, and the issue did not occur.

Below are the steps and observations:

1. In the first parameter set, the values are configured as shown in the below screenshot. For example, the open-loop ramp rate is 50 RPM/s.

SarkarSushru_5-1715854087190.png

2. UART command to load the second parameter set is sent, and the corresponding response is received from the controller:SarkarSushru_2-1715853665165.png

3. The values are updated with the correct values as configured in the second parameter set.

SarkarSushru_6-1715854202946.png

The firmware version used in our test is V5.03.07.

We recommend you use the same latest firmware version, and make sure that the UART commands sent are correct and properly acknowledged.

Thanks,
Sushruti

svoncken
Level 1
Level 1

Hi @SarkarSushru 

Thank you for your prompt and thorough reply. I'm using the same software version and UART commands but these commands are sent via the serial wire of an Arduino. Which tool are you using to send and receive UART commands, so I can check this in the same manner? 

Thanks,

Sam  

0 Likes
SarkarSushru
100 replies posted 10 likes received 100 sign-ins

Hi @svoncken ,

After sending the UART command, is the proper response received from the controller?

For more information, please refer to section 3.1.2 of Handling Multiple Motor/PFC parameters using iMOTION.

Thanks,
Sushruti

0 Likes
svoncken
Level 1
Level 1

Hey, @SarkarSushru 

Yes, it is. Please find below snippet of send UART command to IMC RXD1 (Channel 1) and received UART command from IMC TXD1 (Channel 0). 

UARTtransmit_receive.png

This seems totally fine but still some of the parameters visible in the dashboard aren't corresponding to the ones given by the config wizard. The values of the parameters which are affected with this problem, eg. minSpd and OpenloopRamp, have been halved.  I also have noticed that, after the acknowledge, the TXD1 port stays low for a certain time (see below picture). I'm assuming this has to do with the controller resetting the parameters or is it something that should not happen? Schermafbeelding 2024-05-28 113908.png

Thank you for your time in advance,

Sam 

0 Likes