Announcements

From sunburn to sun earn – we’ve got the power! Watch our #poweringgreen videos now.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
mngr05
Level 3
Level 3
25 sign-ins First like received 5 questions asked

Hello,

I would like to connect multiple node under the same serial connection. Like described in the manual:

mngr05_0-1687851273194.png

And I need to configure different address in the nodes.

I would like to leave this configuration to the user, maybe with some jumpers or similar.
But I have seen that Node Address is a static variable.

I have seen that I can program multiple parameter pages, and give each a different node address, then select the page with jumpers, using those pins:

mngr05_1-1687851603042.png

but I would anyway have to program all of the configuration by hands, one by one.

So:
Question 1) Is there any easier way to program node address (with jumpers) that I have missed?
Question 2) Is there a way to program all the pages at once?

Kind regards,

Marco Negrini

0 Likes
1 Solution
Krupashankar
500 replies posted 50 likes received 25 likes received

Hi @mngr05,

1. Yes, Each node address need to be configured manually for each parameter set.
  2. Yes multiple parameters can be programmed at once. For more details please refer to application note AN2020-25 Handling multiple motor/PFC parameters with iMOTION™

You can also refer to this thread: Want to control multiple motor for more details.

Please let us know if any further details are required.

Thanks,

Krupashankar

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Krupashankar
500 replies posted 50 likes received 25 likes received

Hi @mngr05,

1. Yes, Each node address need to be configured manually for each parameter set.
  2. Yes multiple parameters can be programmed at once. For more details please refer to application note AN2020-25 Handling multiple motor/PFC parameters with iMOTION™

You can also refer to this thread: Want to control multiple motor for more details.

Please let us know if any further details are required.

Thanks,

Krupashankar

0 Likes