MCEDesigner, Trace Setup, incorrect scaling type

Announcements

From sunburn to sun earn – we’ve got the power! Watch our #poweringgreen videos now.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
PetterGJ
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Hi
In MCEDesigner Ver 2.3.0.1 I have created a new monitor group and in the Trace Setup I use the parameter MotorVoltage in CH1.
The strange thing is that the scaling is set to “deg”? But it should have been "Vrms". How can I change from deg to Vrms?

PetterGJ_0-1649936887178.png

Regards
Petter

0 Likes
1 Solution
Krupashankar
500 replies posted 50 likes received 25 likes received

Hi @PetterGJ,

You could go into "motor value tuning format" in the menu and change "data scaling unit assignment" to "UNLOCK". This way, in the "Trace Setup" window, you shall be able to change the scaling for "MotorVoltage" to "#C_MTR_VDQ_Vrms".

Please let us know if this helps.

Thanks,

Krupashankar

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Krupashankar

Hi @PetterGJ,

Thanks, for pointing this out yes this should not be in degree. We will inform this to our product team and get back to you.

Motor Voltage Description: This variable holds motor applied voltage. 𝑉dq=√((𝑉d*𝑉d)+(𝑉q* 𝑉q)) 

For more details you could refer to iMOTION – MCE – Software Reference Manual v1.3 

Hope this helps you.

Thanks,

Krupashankar

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Hi Krupashankar

Thank you for the quick reply.
Pending reply, I found an error in the attached file 1FL6_ConfigFile_v1.irc.
The file is generated by MCEWizard 2.3.0.1.
In the file it is written "1 158 MotorVoltage #M_MTR_ANG_deg".
#M_MTR_ANG_deg is incorrect. The correct one is possibly #C_MTR_VDQ_Vrms. -> "1 158 MotorVoltage #C_MTR_VDQ_Vrms".
If I correct the error using Notepad, it will also be correct in the Trace Setup. So, the question is. Why is there error in the 1FL6_ConfigFile_v1.irc file generated by the MCEWizard?
Is there anything I did wrong?

PetterGJ_0-1649963919712.png

Regards
Petter

0 Likes
Krupashankar

Hi @PetterGJ,

You could go into "motor value tuning format" in the menu and change "data scaling unit assignment" to "UNLOCK". This way, in the "Trace Setup" window, you shall be able to change the scaling for "MotorVoltage" to "#C_MTR_VDQ_Vrms".

Please let us know if this helps.

Thanks,

Krupashankar

0 Likes