MCEDesigner Error: Could not open file

Announcements

From sunburn to sun earn – we’ve got the power! Watch our #poweringgreen videos now.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
dnthomason
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

I have an EVAL-M1-101T-T038 and an EVAL-M1-IM323. I have not used any Infineon products before. I have watched several videos including How to get started with iMOTION™ 2.0 by Infineon4Engineers. I have also read the user's manual.

I downloaded the latest MCEWizard and MCEDesigner (both v 2.3.0.1). I setup the motor parameters in MCEWizard and saved the file. When I attempt to open an irc file in MCEDesigner I get Error: Could not open file (x86)\Infineon\iMotion2.0\MCEDesigner_v2.3.0.1\IMC101T_v1.03.03.irc. I read in the forum that if this occurs you should uninstall both software packages and install an earlier version. I did this and installed version 2.2. I got the same error. I uninstalled v2.2 and reinstalled v2.3. To make sure that I didn't have a corrupted IMC101t**.irc file, I downloaded the irc file for the IMC101T-V1.02_20_iMotion2Go and got the same error. I have a USB cable connected to the EVAL boards and they are powered. I am running Windows 7 sp1.

0 Likes
1 Solution
ninad_w
50 solutions authored 100 replies posted First like given

Hi @dnthomason ,

Windows PC with remote access can be used. Shadow is a powerful Windows PC you can access remotely. It is compatible with USB peripherals. So ideally it should work.

As remote PCs also have limitations, it is recommended to use Infineon tools on your host Windows machine. Please update your computer to the latest Windows version. Windows 10 will work.

Please upgrade your windows and then install MCEDesigner or use a new Windows machine.

Best regards,
Ninad

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Viswa
10 likes received 50 solutions authored 100 replies posted

Hi @dnthomason 

We have not noticed such an issue to date, is it possible to use either Windows 10 or 11?

Best Regards

0 Likes
I am trying to decide whether to update my computers or to go to cloud based computing for my CAD and software that requires high end hardware. Can I use Shadow.tech or something similar? The question would be running IMotion on a local USB port while running the software on the cloud. They support game controllers and etc. but they admit having some limitations. Of course, they do not have a clue concerning Infineon.

Thanks,

Dennis Thomason
0 Likes
ninad_w
50 solutions authored 100 replies posted First like given

Hi @dnthomason ,

Windows PC with remote access can be used. Shadow is a powerful Windows PC you can access remotely. It is compatible with USB peripherals. So ideally it should work.

As remote PCs also have limitations, it is recommended to use Infineon tools on your host Windows machine. Please update your computer to the latest Windows version. Windows 10 will work.

Please upgrade your windows and then install MCEDesigner or use a new Windows machine.

Best regards,
Ninad

0 Likes