Imotion Ac input frequency fault

Announcements

From sunburn to sun earn – we’ve got the power! Watch our #poweringgreen videos now.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Danmerkley
Level 3
Level 3
10 replies posted First solution authored First like received

Hi, I have been developing motor controller around the imc102t device... i have tested several examples under various conditions and have been working on fine tuning motor and pfc control parameters. Randomly today when i uploaded a new configuration file for a test run with the motor, i got an AC input frequency fault showing on the dashboard of ISD. I can still start and run the motor but i can not identify what has caused this fault to show up... the connected ac line tests at 59.99hz on my multimeter, so it does not appear to be a problem with the ac line frequency. i checked signal continuity and resistance values for all the components from the ac line up to the input pins on the chip with no issues detected. I didn't change any parameters in my configuration that should have affected frequency detection so i am quite confused as to what is going on. 

As i said i can still run the motor but i would like to understand what is going on here to hopefully avoid future problems

Thanks, Dan

0 Likes
1 Solution
Danmerkley
Level 3
Level 3

Hi, it turns out the configuration file defaults to 50hz not 60hz... i didn't notice that when i loaded new file so i got frequency fault. All good now

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Viswa
10 likes received 50 solutions authored 100 replies posted

Hi

Once the problem occurs is it persistent or a one time condition.

Best Regards

0 Likes
Danmerkley
Level 3
Level 3

Hi, it turns out the configuration file defaults to 50hz not 60hz... i didn't notice that when i loaded new file so i got frequency fault. All good now

0 Likes