IMC102T PCF AC under voltage, auto acknoledge! ??

Announcements

From sunburn to sun earn – we’ve got the power! Watch our #poweringgreen videos now.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
AG_Serad
Level 4
Level 4
First solution authored 25 replies posted 25 sign-ins

Hello,

I'm using the IMC102T.

I configured to detect the AC under Voltage (180V)

According the user manual, §2.2.2.3, it is say that in case of under or over votlage, the PFC goes to Fault State.

THis is the case.

But when voltage return back over 180V, the fault is acknowledged and the PFC state leaves FAULT to STOP.. Anf the PFC_FaultFlag return to 0!

The UM indicate we must make PFC_FaultClear.

I think the need of clear ourself the fault is a correct behavior.

CUrrently, if a brief under voltage occurs, the PFC goes to fault, then to stop without any means to know what append!

PLease could you check that?

0 Likes
1 Solution
psb
250 sign-ins 25 solutions authored 100 replies posted

Hello, 

The AC side OVP and UVP are automatically cleared in the FaultFlags variable when the AC RMS voltage is back within the valid range. When a fault is triggered, it would cause the state machine to shift from RUN to FAULT state. When faults are all cleared, it would cause the state machine to shift from FAULT back to STOP state. It requires users to restart the PFC after a fault is cleared. 

Best Regards,
Sai

View solution in original post

0 Likes
9 Replies
AG_Serad
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

Is somebody can answer to my request?

Is normal PFC_SwFaults and/or SwFaults can become different to 0 then return to 0 stealthily without clear fault by calling FaultClear instruction?

Thank

0 Likes
psb

Hello AG_Serad,

In case of any fault condition, the threshold of which is defined in the corresponding registers, the occurrence of the fault is reported in the corresponding bits of PFC_FaultFlags variable, and if the fault is enabled in the PFC_FaultEnable, the fault condition will run in the respective routine. The fault will get cleared ONLY when the user writes 1 to the variable PFC_FaultClear. This can either be done dynamically by the user or it can also be included in the ISE (integrated script environment) which has the user written script. 

PFC_SwFaults can become 1 only when the PFC_FaultEnable  and PFC_FaultFlags become 1. This also can either be written in the script as a case or can be triggered by an external glitch (may or may not be from the actual source of fault).

Kindly share the script as well as the MCEwizard and other configuration files so that we can look into them and get back to you with the event which might be causing this.

Also, please verify in hardware if the sensed signal is having any noise which is triggering a false alarm. 

Regards,

Sai

Best Regards,
Sai
0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
AG_Serad
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

You will find my project (I clear the script to be sure it has no action!)

With MCEDesigner, I read the register.

1) Start the board:

AG_Serad_0-1638518708710.png

VAC is 194V, then PFC not started.

I switch on the PFC:

AG_Serad_1-1638518790702.png

We can see the VDC increase and reach the target voltage (400V).

Then I decrease the VAC under configured threshold (180V): PFC_Fault is triggered: PFC_FaultFlag + RED light

AG_Serad_2-1638518851814.png

Then I increase VAC over the undervoltage threshold: PFC exit fault state and return to STOP state. I not done any other actions than increase VAC voltage. The PFC state machine automatically return to stop state without have clear the fault!..

AG_Serad_3-1638518909830.png

0 Likes

Have you reproduce the problem?

Today I also get a AC frequency error, auto acknowledge 2s after.

0 Likes
AG_Serad
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

Have you reproduced the problem and found why occurs?

Regards

0 Likes
AG_Serad
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

I have no feedback from infineon support.

This problem seems very simple to be reproduced.

Please could you let me a feedback to knwo why the PFC auto ack this fault (like AC frequency input fault..)?

This come very critical for our developement.

Regards

0 Likes
AG_Serad
Level 4
Level 4

Hello

2 months without feedback on this problem.

It is very easy to reproduce it, then you can confirm you have the same issue or not?

Please this come very critical for us.

Issue seems be the same for PFC AC frequency error...

0 Likes

Sorry to insist.

I have no feedback about this problem.

Is something from me what I'm doing wrong or it is a firmware bug which could be corrected by a new firmware update?

Regards

0 Likes
psb

Hello, 

The AC side OVP and UVP are automatically cleared in the FaultFlags variable when the AC RMS voltage is back within the valid range. When a fault is triggered, it would cause the state machine to shift from RUN to FAULT state. When faults are all cleared, it would cause the state machine to shift from FAULT back to STOP state. It requires users to restart the PFC after a fault is cleared. 

Best Regards,
Sai
0 Likes