IMC101T-038T Data is non-volatile

Announcements

From sunburn to sun earn – we’ve got the power! Watch our #poweringgreen videos now.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
wang1
Level 4
Level 4
50 questions asked 10 likes given First solution authored
Now I want to use this chip to make a data storage, and I also want to store some motor parameters in MCU, so that data will not be lost when I power on again after power failure, so it is necessary to achieve non-volatile data. May I ask how to achieve this?
0 Likes
1 Solution
Krupashankar
500 replies posted 50 likes received 25 likes received

Hi @wang1,

iMOTION microcontroller has non-volatile memory. The parameters and initialized script global variables stored in the iMotion controller are non-volatile by default no additional setting is required.

For storing multiple motor parameters please refer to : AN2020-25 Handling multiple motor parameters with iMOTION™2.0

Can you please let us know what is the exact data which needs to be stored?

Thanks,

Krupashankar

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Krupashankar

Hi @wang1,

iMOTION microcontroller has non-volatile memory. The parameters and initialized script global variables stored in the iMotion controller are non-volatile by default no additional setting is required.

For storing multiple motor parameters please refer to : AN2020-25 Handling multiple motor parameters with iMOTION™2.0

Can you please let us know what is the exact data which needs to be stored?

Thanks,

Krupashankar

0 Likes

I want to realize the storage similar to EEPROM. Can I realize it?

0 Likes
Krupashankar

Hi @wang1,

Yes, This can be done using the script in the newer Firmware version V5.01 in iMOTION Solution Designer.

Please use APP_Scripting.DataStorage parameter to copy data to non-volatile memory. For more details:

Krupashankar_0-1687154293407.png

Please let us know if any further details are required.

Thanks,

Krupashankar

0 Likes
Viswa
10 likes received 50 solutions authored 100 replies posted

Hi

Yes you can store the motor parameters in the memory provided.
The data will not be erased on power recycle.

Best Regards

0 Likes