IMC101T-038

Announcements

From sunburn to sun earn – we’ve got the power! Watch our #poweringgreen videos now.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
wang1
Level 4
Level 4
50 questions asked 10 likes given First solution authored
I would like to ask you a question. I want to make a DC 24V fan, but it needs to be started by both forward and backward wind. May I ask how I should use this chip to do it? Can this chip be started in the wind? If so, are there any references or how to do it? Thank you for your answer
0 Likes
1 Solution
Sahil_K
First like given 100 solutions authored 250 sign-ins

Hi @wang1 ,

1) Ensure the direction pin is pulled low, for a positive direction of rotation
2) Please set the "Regeneration Current Limit" to at least 20% of the value. Increase the value based on system operation. This value ensures the motor returns to zero speed and starts in positive direction.
3) Set the Catch Spin Time a bit higher to 2 to 5 Secs to ensure operation initially. The value can be tuned based on the system response later.
4) Catch spin cannot be done if the motor back EMF voltage is higher than the DC bus voltage, which usually occurs when the motor is running above rated speed.

Best Regards
Sahil Kumar

View solution in original post

0 Likes
8 Replies
Sahil_K

Hi @wang1 ,

Please let us know what is signal expected by the motor, is it a constant DC voltage? For the direction of rotation, is the direction chosen by the user or the motor should automatically continue in the direction it was rotating in prior, based on the wind direction.

Please can you explain what do you mean “Can this chip be started in the wind?”.

Best Regards,
Sahil Kumar

0 Likes
wang1
Level 4
Level 4

I'm sorry. I made a mistake. I want to make an external fan of air conditioning, because it is outside, so in windy weather, the fan will be driven by air flow. If the direction I want to start is clockwise, but due to the action of air flow, the fan is rotated counterclockwise by the air flow before starting, then I want to change the counterclockwise rotation to clockwise, roughly meaning. That's what the industry calls a downwind or upwind start. thank you

0 Likes
Sahil_K

Hi @wang1 ,

The product selected IMC101T is used for BLDC/PMSM motor control whereas we understand that you would like to control a DC motor. So kindly let us know us which motor (PMSM/BLDC/DC) will be used in these applications?

Best Regards
Sahil Kumar

0 Likes
wang1
Level 4
Level 4

PMSM  motor。

The product selected IMC101T is used for BLDC/PMSM motor control whereas we understand that you would like to control a DC motor. So kindly let us know us which motor (PMSM/BLDC/DC) will be used in these applications?

0 Likes
JaydenCai
Level 4
Level 4
25 replies posted First solution authored 25 sign-ins

You want to create a DC 24V fan that can rotate in both forward and backward directions?

0 Likes

Yes, but the function I want to achieve is a bit like TCatchSpin=1. Reverse CatchSpin. When I use this function, I find that starting the motor cannot be started successfully when the fan moves in the opposite direction, so I want to further explore this function.

wang1_0-1682419981891.png

0 Likes
Sahil_K

Hi @wang1 ,

1) Ensure the direction pin is pulled low, for a positive direction of rotation
2) Please set the "Regeneration Current Limit" to at least 20% of the value. Increase the value based on system operation. This value ensures the motor returns to zero speed and starts in positive direction.
3) Set the Catch Spin Time a bit higher to 2 to 5 Secs to ensure operation initially. The value can be tuned based on the system response later.
4) Catch spin cannot be done if the motor back EMF voltage is higher than the DC bus voltage, which usually occurs when the motor is running above rated speed.

Best Regards
Sahil Kumar

0 Likes
wang1
Level 4
Level 4

Ok, thanks. I'll take a test. But now I still have a problem. When I click the compile button after I have written the script, the black interface or white interface will be displayed, but some information of the script cannot be displayed. May I ask why?

wang1_1-1682519924809.png

0 Likes