IMC101T-038 MotorLim

Announcements

From sunburn to sun earn – we’ve got the power! Watch our #poweringgreen videos now.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
wang1
Level 4
Level 4
50 questions asked 10 likes given First solution authored

Now I have a problem. The rated current value of the motor I set in the software is 0.1A, and the limit value is 50%. However, I used the current probe externally to connect the oscilloscope to see the U-phase current value, which reached 0.169A, which was far beyond the value I set. May I ask why?

wang1_0-1685080449913.png

wang1_1-1685080463242.png

0 Likes
1 Solution
Viswa
10 likes received 50 solutions authored 100 replies posted

This in general happens when the value measured by iMotion is wrong. We need to check the data entered for the measurement circuit and the gains configured.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Viswa

Hi @wang1

1) Can you please check the current measured on the MCEDesigner, we would like to understand the value measured by the iMOTION controller, this helps us to understand if the current measurement offset and gains are configured correctly or not.

2) Please let us know if the motor is rotating properly or in locked condition and is drawing excess current.

Best Regards

0 Likes
Viswa

This in general happens when the value measured by iMotion is wrong. We need to check the data entered for the measurement circuit and the gains configured.

0 Likes