IMC101T-038 Constant air-flow control using iMOTION™ script language

Announcements

From sunburn to sun earn – we’ve got the power! Watch our #poweringgreen videos now.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
wang1
Level 4
Level 4
50 questions asked 10 likes given First solution authored

Now I am making a centrifugal fan program with constant air-flow control, referring to the script language AN-2021-14 in the official routine. But now when my speed exceeds the limit value, when I switch from the current control mode to the speed control mode, overvoltage protection will be triggered. I don't know what causes this, please ask me. The power of my motor is 140W, the rated current is 0.64A, the input voltage is 220V AC, and the maximum speed is 3000rpm。

0 Likes
1 Solution
Krupashankar
500 replies posted 50 likes received 25 likes received

Hi @wang1,

Thanks for trying.

Can you please let us know the following:

• Is the regeneration turned on?
  • If yes, disable regeneration by setting( Ques 53 - regeneration current limit to 0) in MCE Wizard and share the result.
  • Is there any sudden load variation in the application and share the load curve?

Can you please share the MCE Wizard Configuration(.mc2) file, schematic of Power/Control board and motor datasheet?

Thanks,

Krupashankar 

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Krupashankar

Hi @wang1,

While switching from the current control mode to the speed control mode please make sure the target speed for the "speed control mode" is higher than the present speed of the "Current control mode" during the transition.

Can you please share the script? This will help us to understand the issue better. 

Thanks,

Krupashankar

Krupashankar

Hi @wang1,

From the script shared we can see that the "TargetSpeed" is set to "MotorSpeedLimit" which is equal to the transition speed.

Can you please try increasing the "TargetSpeed" by 20-30% higher than the transition speed and share the test results with us?

Thanks,

Krupashankar

I have raised the target speed by 20-30% according to what you said, but this is still not good, it will trigger overvoltage stop.

0 Likes
Krupashankar

Hi @wang1,

Thanks for trying.

Can you please let us know the following:

• Is the regeneration turned on?
  • If yes, disable regeneration by setting( Ques 53 - regeneration current limit to 0) in MCE Wizard and share the result.
  • Is there any sudden load variation in the application and share the load curve?

Can you please share the MCE Wizard Configuration(.mc2) file, schematic of Power/Control board and motor datasheet?

Thanks,

Krupashankar 

According to what you said, the regeneration current is adjusted to 0. Now there is no shutdown problem. thank you!

0 Likes