IMC101 Family: Dead time parameter does not seem to change the actual dead time of the drive PWM waveform.

Announcements

From sunburn to sun earn – we’ve got the power! Watch our #poweringgreen videos now.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
davisonInfineon
Level 2
Level 2
First like received First solution authored 10 sign-ins

When I change dead time from 2us to 4us using MCEWizard, programming my IMC101 with MCEDesigner, and loading that parameter set, the drive waveform doesn't seem to change at all. It looks like the dead time is stuck at 2.0 us. I have already examined the parameters ".txt" file and see that it has different values after changing the dead time is MCEWizard. 

Is there something else I need to do to adjust the dead time?

1 Solution
davisonInfineon
Level 2
Level 2

I solved my problem.

When loading a new parameter set with a different STATIC parameter (Such as dead time or PWM frequency), the IMC101 did not change this parameter until it was power cycled. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
LinGuohui
500 replies posted 50 likes received 250 solutions authored

Hi @davisonInfineon 

As you described, this is abnormal. When you program  parameters file successfully,  The parameter should be activated, just like the dead time, and should be modified according to your expectations.

LinGuohui_0-1673921272921.png

Check whether multile parameter set is enabled. The new parameter may not be activated due to incorrect motor ID selection.

Determine whether the measuring point of PWM waveform is correct. Need measure the PWM output pins of IMC101T directly. If it is the output of gate driver, there may be delay causing inaccuracy.

This always happens or occasionally. You can try downloading parameters again.

0 Likes
davisonInfineon
Level 2
Level 2

I solved my problem.

When loading a new parameter set with a different STATIC parameter (Such as dead time or PWM frequency), the IMC101 did not change this parameter until it was power cycled. 

0 Likes