IMC099T - erratic serial comms in Config mode

Announcements

From sunburn to sun earn – we’ve got the power! Watch our #poweringgreen videos now.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User22403
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked First reply posted
I've recently started using the IMC099T in a new project, controlling a 24V BLDC motor.

I am trying to get my microcontroller (ESP32) to communication via UART 0. The ultimate goal is to update parameters remotely.

I am following the commands in the application note: Infineon-AN2018-33_iMOTION_2.0_Device_Programming-ApplicationNotes-v01_03-EN.pdf

I can send the CONNECT message (0x00 0x6c), and receive the expected response (0xcd) for Config Mode.

I can send CHIP_RESET (0xa0 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00) and receive the success response (0x90 0x00). The device appears to reset, and I can send CONNECT again after a few seconds.

If I send the Config mode version of GET_STATUS (0xa0 0x10 0x00 0x00 0x1f), I will either receive Wrong Le (0x67 0x00) or what I think is Wrong P1/P2 (0x6a 0x86).

I've tried the other versions of GET_STATUS (in case I was in SBSL or Fail Safe mode) and they all report Wrong Le (0x67 0x00).

If I do get a Wrong P1/P2 (0x6a 0x86) response, the IMC099T will respond 0x6a 0x86 to every subsequent command.

I then have to power cycle the IMC099T and start again with CONNECT.

Has anyone else used this application note successfully?
0 Likes
3 Replies
User22403
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked First reply posted
I've still not got GET_STATUS to work. I've moved on and can use GET_PARAMETER_SET_NAME and GET_PARAMETER_SET_VALUE, with sensible looking responses.

Next question:
Is the hex format of the parameter pages documented anywhere?

I've captured the serial data as it downloads via the iMotion programmer, and can see the DOWNLOAD_PARAMETER command (0xa0 0x20), but cannot make any sense out of the hex data that follows.
0 Likes
Ekta_N
750 replies posted First like given 250 solutions authored

Hi @User22403 

The iMOTION_2.0_Device_Programming-ApplicationNote document primarily targets providers of end-of-line programming equipment (gang programmer).

Could you please let me know if serial data captured by you after the download parameter command is similar to the output of the MCE Wizard combined file (.ldf)?

You can refer to the section 2.3- User Mode UART,  of the software reference Manual which is designed to provide a simple, reliable and scalable communication
protocol for motor control application. 

Best Regards
Ekta

0 Likes
Arno
Employee
Employee
25 replies posted 10 replies posted 5 replies posted

Hi @User22403 

The appnote may require a hint about which firmware release it relates to. Assuming you are using the latest firmware, the length of the CONF data is 0x23. The first block of data contains three words (12 bytes of data) whereas the last one shows the FeatureID.
The hex format is not documented in detail, but you can use the command line tool iMOTIONconfig.exe to generate a ldf file from a txt file. 

Best Regards

Arno

0 Likes