IFX007

Announcements

From sunburn to sun earn – we’ve got the power! Watch our #poweringgreen videos now.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
hsntuna
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

I am driving a 24V, 100W, 7A motor as Full Bridge using IFX007. When the duty cycle value is 50%, current is 200mA but it gets very hot at PWM frequencies above 8 kHz. How can I prevent these switching losses? I need to run the engine with 50% duty cycle value for a long time.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Sahil_K
250 replies posted First like given 100 solutions authored

Hi @hsntuna ,

We noticed that the schematic shared does not contain the product information mentioned previously. It uses an obsolete part BTS7960B. Can you please clarify whether you are using IFX007T or BTS7960B for your application?

If you are using the BTS7960B, we recommend using  BTN8982TA, as it is a suitable replacement for this product.

Best Regards,
Sahil Kumar

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Sahil_K

Hi @hsntuna ,

Could you kindly provide us with the following information:

1) Does your system come with a thermal cooling system such as a heat sink?

2) Please share your hardware configuration and schematic.

In addition, please ensure that you refer to the datasheet and application note for layout considerations, Switching Timing, Power Dissipation, Thermal Performance, and full bridge application configuration of IFX0007T.

Best Regards,
Sahil Kumar

0 Likes
hsntuna
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

hsntuna_0-1699876511647.png

0 Likes
Sahil_K

Hi @hsntuna ,

We noticed that the schematic shared does not contain the product information mentioned previously. It uses an obsolete part BTS7960B. Can you please clarify whether you are using IFX007T or BTS7960B for your application?

If you are using the BTS7960B, we recommend using  BTN8982TA, as it is a suitable replacement for this product.

Best Regards,
Sahil Kumar

0 Likes