ICM301A UART0 stuck in user mode

Announcements

From sunburn to sun earn – we’ve got the power! Watch our #poweringgreen videos now.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Joni
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

I have an EVAL-M1-301F, I have got my motor running fine. I tried to set UART1 up as User mode but failed and I'm not sure why. So I set up UART0 as user mode and can now successfully control the motor using the basic protocol. However I have now come to change the parameters through MCEDesigner (generated through MCEWizard) and realised this is now impossible.

I have tried hooking up a USB-serial port adapter to UART1 (J9) to get debug access through that as MCEWizard would seem to suggest but that UART is dead. Rx and Tx floating.

What is the quickest / easiest way to recover debug access?

Thanks Jonathan

0 Likes
1 Solution
Krupashankar
500 replies posted 50 likes received 25 likes received

Hi @Joni,

Please refer to this KBA for Switching UART  mode: Switch UART mode for iMotion devices - KBA235121

Hope this solves the issue and please let us know if any further clarification is needed.

Thanks,

Krupashankar

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Krupashankar
500 replies posted 50 likes received 25 likes received

Hi @Joni,

Please refer to this KBA for Switching UART  mode: Switch UART mode for iMotion devices - KBA235121

Hope this solves the issue and please let us know if any further clarification is needed.

Thanks,

Krupashankar

0 Likes

Thanks Krupashankar

That has allowed me to restore the debug to UART0.

However I still cannot seem to get get both the UART0 running in "Debug" mode and UART1 running in "User" mode at the same time.  I am using the following settings in MCEWizard 2.3.0.0:

UART Node Address = 1

User UART Function Definition = UART1

UART Baud Rate = tried both 57600 and 115200

UART Tx Delay = 0

Communications between MCU and MCE cores = Disable

I'm connecting an isolated USB->UART adaptor to pins 1,3,4 on J9!

Does this sound correct?

Thanks

Jonathan

0 Likes