I want to test IMC302AF064XUMA1 microcontroller without interfacing to a gate driver

Announcements

From sunburn to sun earn – we’ve got the power! Watch our #poweringgreen videos now.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
cw2611
Level 3
Level 3
25 sign-ins 25 replies posted 10 questions asked

Hey!

I want to test IMC302AF064XUMA1 as a standalone without interfacing a gate driver to it. I want the microcontroller to generate PWM pulses which can be observed using an oscilloscope. Also, I want this to be done using the MCE wizard and MCE designer. How can this be realized?

0 Likes
1 Solution
psb
250 sign-ins 25 solutions authored 100 replies posted

Hi @cw2611 ,

I would recommend to test the IC on an evaluation board at least, which has the required power and signal conditioning circuits to it and also output the PWM pulses, which can be configured by settings in the MCE Wizard.  

In case, only the IC is to be tested by having the custom made signal and power supplies, then please make the signal  conditioning circuits and power supplies as specified by each pin of the IC, and also following the guidelines as given in the datasheet . 

Assuming that only some PWM pulses having some varying duty ratios are to be generated and seen using oscilloscope, it can't be done by setting the given configuration parameters in the MCE Wizard, but can be realized using a script. For this please refer to the sections 2.6.11.4 and 2.6.11.4.2 in the User Reference Manual . 

MCE Wizard is used to generate the configuration file for the motor.  Using MCE designer you will be able to run the motor directly. Please refer to the MCE Designer user guide, downloaded with MCEDesigner and should be stored in the same folder as the tool location and the same for the MCE Wizard User guide.

For more details please refer to Getting Started with iMOTION™ 2.0

I hope this provides a way to implement the testing you might be looking for. Feel free to let me know in case there is something else that I will have to suggest. 

Best Regards,
Sai

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
psb
250 sign-ins 25 solutions authored 100 replies posted

Hi @cw2611 ,

I would recommend to test the IC on an evaluation board at least, which has the required power and signal conditioning circuits to it and also output the PWM pulses, which can be configured by settings in the MCE Wizard.  

In case, only the IC is to be tested by having the custom made signal and power supplies, then please make the signal  conditioning circuits and power supplies as specified by each pin of the IC, and also following the guidelines as given in the datasheet . 

Assuming that only some PWM pulses having some varying duty ratios are to be generated and seen using oscilloscope, it can't be done by setting the given configuration parameters in the MCE Wizard, but can be realized using a script. For this please refer to the sections 2.6.11.4 and 2.6.11.4.2 in the User Reference Manual . 

MCE Wizard is used to generate the configuration file for the motor.  Using MCE designer you will be able to run the motor directly. Please refer to the MCE Designer user guide, downloaded with MCEDesigner and should be stored in the same folder as the tool location and the same for the MCE Wizard User guide.

For more details please refer to Getting Started with iMOTION™ 2.0

I hope this provides a way to implement the testing you might be looking for. Feel free to let me know in case there is something else that I will have to suggest. 

Best Regards,
Sai
0 Likes