How to limit maximum PWM duty cycle to a limit for IMC101TF048XUMA1 motor controller, EVAL-M1-101TFTOBO1 development board

Announcements

From sunburn to sun earn – we’ve got the power! Watch our #poweringgreen videos now.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
aneedles
Level 3
Level 3
25 replies posted 10 questions asked 25 sign-ins

I am working with the Infineon IMC101TF048XUMA1 motor controller for controlling a PMSM motor.  I hope to put a limit on the PWM maximum duty cycle to any high-side PWM output (PWMUH, PWMVH, PWMWH) to avoid a overcurrent (GK) fault that occurs (apparently) when the PWM duty cycle approaches the limit (100%).

We are trying to solve a very serious issue. How can I limit the output to these PWM signals to keep the duty cycle to a limit? Is that possible with this controller?

Thanks,

Aaron

0 Likes
1 Solution
aneedles
Level 3
Level 3

Please ignore this request, since I believe I was heading down the wrong path. I still have a serious issue to solve as described in Fault-occurs-at-higher-speeds  A run-away current condition occurs and I am looking for the reason.

Thanks, Aaron

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
aneedles
Level 3
Level 3

Please ignore this request, since I believe I was heading down the wrong path. I still have a serious issue to solve as described in Fault-occurs-at-higher-speeds  A run-away current condition occurs and I am looking for the reason.

Thanks, Aaron

0 Likes