How do I use uart 1 of IMC302A to communicate with an external microcontroller

Announcements

From sunburn to sun earn – we’ve got the power! Watch our #poweringgreen videos now.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
sudip_k
Level 2
Level 2
25 sign-ins 10 replies posted 10 questions asked

I am currently using EVAL-M3-302F  with EVAL-M3-CM615PN for an application. I can properly control the motor using the MCE designer.  But to be able to control the motor externally I want it to be done using the UART1 of the chip. I have read in another post on community that UART 1 can also be used for user application without going through the MCU core(A core).

I have followed all the necessary  steps to configure UART1 for user application. I use the example script provided for both(buffer and fifio mode). But It failed to communicated with my external microcontroller. When I probe pin 64 & 63 of the IMC302A-64, the pins are at zero volt. Does this mean that UART1 is not active? 

How can I do this properly ? 

0 Likes
1 Solution
Krupashankar
500 replies posted 50 likes received 25 likes received

Hi @sudip_k ,

Sorry for the delay in response.

Yes, there are no dedicated pins for USER UART. Please use the A-Core ( MCU UART) for communication purpose.

Thanks,

Krupashankar

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Krupashankar

Hi @sudip_k,

Please try configuring UART0 – USER UART and UART1 – MCE UART in the parameter.txt file

TX delay    0
InterfaceConf0 113
InterfaceConf1                0

This enables user UART communication from UART 0 Pin 45 and Pin 46

Note: MCE Designer will not be accessible.

Can you please share the MCE Wizard Configuration File(.mc2)  this will hep us to understand the issue better.

Thanks,

Krupashankar

0 Likes
sudip_k
Level 2
Level 2
25 sign-ins 10 replies posted 10 questions asked

Thank you for the reply. I will try that.

When you say "...configuring UART0 – USER UART and UART1 – MCE UART...", do you mean that there is no dedicated pins for UART1 (user uart) and only pin 45 and Pin 46 should be configured as either User or MCE UART?

0 Likes
Krupashankar

Hi @sudip_k ,

Sorry for the delay in response.

Yes, there are no dedicated pins for USER UART. Please use the A-Core ( MCU UART) for communication purpose.

Thanks,

Krupashankar

0 Likes