Gatekill error with Eval-M3-IM564A and Eval-M3-102T

Announcements

From sunburn to sun earn – we’ve got the power! Watch our #poweringgreen videos now.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
PaulojM
Level 3
Level 3
25 replies posted 100 sign-ins First like received

Hi,

I have a problem when running a motor at diferent accelerations, at 1000 RPM/s the gatekill error does not occur, but when i set the acceleration to 1500 RPM/s, the gatekill error occurs very frequently sometimes, and other times never occurs.

The load is a vertical industrial door. 

Gate opening at 1000RPM/s, never gives gatekill

PaulojM_0-1691598855684.png

Gate opening at 1500 RPM/s and not giving gatekill

PaulojM_1-1691599472787.png

Gate opening at 1500 Rpm/s and giving gatekill

PaulojM_2-1691599554518.png

I know that the motor is using more current when i increase the acceleration, but i want to know how to properly make the setup to gatekill and be able to allow more current in acceleration while still being safe.

Should i increase the Overcurrent trip level?

How can i setup the maximum value the current can reach before the gatekill error (for example 6A), i'm not understanding the the connection of Overcurrent trip level to Actual current of motor .

Attached is the configuration in MCEWizard with the config for the motor and system,

Hope someone can give me advice,

Best Regards,

Paulo

0 Likes
1 Solution
Krupashankar
500 replies posted 50 likes received 25 likes received

Hi @PaulojM,

Yes, you can try increasing the gate kill threshold ( Ques 93: Overcurrent Trip Level for Internal gatekill comparator) as the board can support a maximum of 20 A.

Note: Please make sure if the motor can be safely operated at a higher currents.

Gatekill error is triggered by both ways:

1. Internal gatekill comparator- If one of the phase current exceeds the configured value the error is triggered ( Exact point may not be captured in trace window as the sampling rate may be slower)
  2. Gatekill Pin - A hardware protection pin. 

Please let us know if any further details are required.

Thanks,

Krupashankar

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Krupashankar
500 replies posted 50 likes received 25 likes received

Hi @PaulojM,

Yes, you can try increasing the gate kill threshold ( Ques 93: Overcurrent Trip Level for Internal gatekill comparator) as the board can support a maximum of 20 A.

Note: Please make sure if the motor can be safely operated at a higher currents.

Gatekill error is triggered by both ways:

1. Internal gatekill comparator- If one of the phase current exceeds the configured value the error is triggered ( Exact point may not be captured in trace window as the sampling rate may be slower)
  2. Gatekill Pin - A hardware protection pin. 

Please let us know if any further details are required.

Thanks,

Krupashankar

0 Likes

Hi,

Thank you for the reply,

The problem was caused by me, in the scrip i was checking both normal sequencer state and PFC_sequencer state to activate a pin if the imc102  sequencer state was error.

I'm using that pin to alert my microcontroller.

Since the PFC was not activated, i thought it wouldn't give error, but it was giving errors.

I will now just check for the sequencer state.

Thanks for the help,

Best Regards,

Paulo

0 Likes