Gatekill & motor hardly moving

Announcements

From sunburn to sun earn – we’ve got the power! Watch our #poweringgreen videos now.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
qwertyqwq35
Level 3
Level 3
First like received 5 questions asked 25 sign-ins

Hi

We decided to continue open a new thread for gatekill errors and motor shaft movement troubles. İf you interested to read old posts of mine about connection and some parameter errors you can visit here ;

https://community.infineon.com/t5/Motor-Control-ICs/imc101t-fail-to-disconnect-error/m-p/391770

So  assumed that we can continue here. 

As you can read at  above link , i have shared some of the new problems that i faced at my imc101 chip since i resoldered brand new controller ic.  

I have stuck there and need some help 

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution
Krupashankar
500 replies posted 50 likes received 25 likes received

Hi @qwertyqwq35,

We have gone through the .mc2 file and Motor datasheet.

Please perform the following changes in MCE Wizard:

1. Ques 7: Motor back EMF constant Ke ( Line to neutral Voltage) = 39/1.732 = 22.5 
  2. Ques 11:  Open loop Speed Ramp Rate = 50 Rpm/sec ( or) 
  3. Ques 15 Initial Angle sensing - Enable. Please select any one of the starting method depending on your application.
  4. Ques 60: Flux Estimator Time Constant : 4 mSec
  5. Ques 74: Enable Phase Loss Fault: Enable
  6. Ques 83: Motor 1 Current Input Scaling : 41.6 mV/A
  7. Ques 85: Motor 1 Current Input to ADC Offset Voltage : 550 mV
  8. Ques 91: Gate Kill Input Source : Comparator

Note: Below are the starting methods based on the application please enable any one starting method:

• Initial Angle Sensing
  • Open loop 
  • Parking 
  • Catch Spin before start

Can you please give us more details on your application such as load type, Power requirement etc...?

Thanks,

Krupashankar

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
Krupashankar

Hi @qwertyqwq35,

From the previous post, we could understand that the gate kill fault is caused due to gate kill pin and this is the hardware protection present in the power board. 

Can you please share the power board schematics and current requirement of your application?

This will help us to understand the issue better.

Thanks,

Krupashankar

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Hi ,

Thanks for respones. You can see all part of circuit diagram below except HV Dc voltage side.

First of all the circuit scheme is for prototype so for this reason , didnt care too much for clean schematic.

At the diagram there is a rectangular that says " didnt soldered" , means that all of those components not soldered and remained open.

If any missunderstood please let me know

Thanks

0 Likes
Krupashankar

Hi @qwertyqwq35,

We have gone through the schematics.

• We could find that the ITRIP section is not soldered in the schematic and if it is not used please select only the comparator as the Gatekill input source.
  • Gatekill pin is pulled up with 1Mega ohms which is too high for pullup, please replace it with a proper pull-up resistor.

Gatekill fault is triggered by the RFE if the ITRIP pin sees a voltage rising above VIT, TH+. For more details refer to  section RFE (RCIN / Fault / Enable) in IM393-X6E  Datasheet .

For reference design and ITRIP voltage calculation please refer to section 5.1.3 Inverter Overcurrent protection and Motor Gatekill configuration in AN2018-32 EVAL-M1-CTE620N3 User Manual 

Please let us know if any further details are required.

Thanks,

Krupashankar

0 Likes
lock attach

Hi @Krupashankar ,

Thank you for detailed explanation but i have already check ITRIP pin and it seems normal. Otherwise we can easly say that , gatekill error is belong to my poor designed test board.

But in my case the real problem is hardly moving ( not even a turn can complite without stopping per a pole ) motor shaft. Did you ever check my parameter settings ? Are they ok ?

For more detailed information about my servo motor , i ll share datasheet of them below. Motor model is : SER368/3L7SS0CQ

Waiting your answer as soon as possible,

Thanks.

0 Likes
Krupashankar

Hi @qwertyqwq35,

1. Can you please share the latest .mc2 file and attach it as a .zip file?
  2. We would like to know if the ITRIP pin is HIGH or LOW?
  3. Can you please check the pull-up resistor of GK pin as we found the value is too high and If  ITRIP it is not used please select only the comparator as the Gatekill input source.

Thanks,

Krupashankar

0 Likes
lock attach

Hi @Krupashankar  ,

1- Sorry. I didnt notice that i can send as a .zip file. Here i attached .zip file of mce wizard configuration file. I think .mc2 file isnt it.

2-I will check it and let you know this weekend.

3- This pull-up resistor selected high because of  this  eval board which published by infineon. If you check manual.pdf file, you can see that, gk pin is connected via 500kOhms pull-up resistor to +3.3V supply voltage. For this reason i decided to put 1Meg resistor for it and it must be ok even it requires very low current. i saw GK pin is pulling that voltage to 0V , i have changed parameter setting to " Comparator Only " already.

Please, i want you to focus specifically on the mc2 file. You can also understand the parameter settings by comparing them with the motor technical documentation. Likewise, I request you to check the parameters of the current circuit.

Thanks.

0 Likes
Krupashankar

Hi @qwertyqwq35,

We have gone through the .mc2 file and Motor datasheet.

Please perform the following changes in MCE Wizard:

1. Ques 7: Motor back EMF constant Ke ( Line to neutral Voltage) = 39/1.732 = 22.5 
  2. Ques 11:  Open loop Speed Ramp Rate = 50 Rpm/sec ( or) 
  3. Ques 15 Initial Angle sensing - Enable. Please select any one of the starting method depending on your application.
  4. Ques 60: Flux Estimator Time Constant : 4 mSec
  5. Ques 74: Enable Phase Loss Fault: Enable
  6. Ques 83: Motor 1 Current Input Scaling : 41.6 mV/A
  7. Ques 85: Motor 1 Current Input to ADC Offset Voltage : 550 mV
  8. Ques 91: Gate Kill Input Source : Comparator

Note: Below are the starting methods based on the application please enable any one starting method:

• Initial Angle Sensing
  • Open loop 
  • Parking 
  • Catch Spin before start

Can you please give us more details on your application such as load type, Power requirement etc...?

Thanks,

Krupashankar

0 Likes