Gatekill Error

Announcements

From sunburn to sun earn – we’ve got the power! Watch our #poweringgreen videos now.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
DASIREDDY4608
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked Welcome!

Hi Team,

We are doing some experiments using the IMD111T. We want to run the motor using my power board and Infineon IMD111T motor control IC. We did connect all the required cross wires between the IMD111T solution and my power board. We can do parameter and software programming but cannot run the motor-identified gate kill error.

Could you please help me on this how to overcome the issue.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Krupashankar
500 replies posted 50 likes received 25 likes received

Hi @DASIREDDY4608,

The gatekill fault can arise due to multiple reasons:

• Improper shunt configuration ( If the power board uses single shunt but the MCE Wizard is configured to leg shunt)
  • Improper current feedback gain and input scaling.
  • Improper ADC offset voltage.

Please check the above parameters in the MCE Wizard configuration and modify based on power board.

If the problem still exists can you please share the power board schematics, Control board schematics and MCE Wizard configuration file( .mc2) this will help us to understand the issue better.

Thanks,

Krupashankar

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Krupashankar
500 replies posted 50 likes received 25 likes received

Hi @DASIREDDY4608,

The gatekill fault can arise due to multiple reasons:

• Improper shunt configuration ( If the power board uses single shunt but the MCE Wizard is configured to leg shunt)
  • Improper current feedback gain and input scaling.
  • Improper ADC offset voltage.

Please check the above parameters in the MCE Wizard configuration and modify based on power board.

If the problem still exists can you please share the power board schematics, Control board schematics and MCE Wizard configuration file( .mc2) this will help us to understand the issue better.

Thanks,

Krupashankar

0 Likes