Flux PLL out of control fault issue resolved by changing the page numbers

Announcements

From sunburn to sun earn – we’ve got the power! Watch our #poweringgreen videos now.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
MathanRaja
Level 4
Level 4
100 sign-ins 10 questions asked 25 replies posted

Hi,

I am using an IMM101T-046M with STM32F303CBTx.

I am controlling the two motors. for ex: I have stored the parameter file as follows in the IPM chip. Motor 1 (page 0) & Motor 2 (page 1). I have faced the flux PLL out-of-control fault in motor 1. 

I saw in one community post that this fault occurs due to acceleration and improper configuration.

So I have changed the motor ramp-up speed to 10 rpm from 100 rpm. after that, I didn't face that issue.

But it is a very slow ramp-up. so I decided to keep the ramp-up speed to 100 rpm and interchanged the motor page. because this fault occurs only for motor 1.

Now motor 1 (page 1) & motor 2 (page 0). After this change, I didn't get a fault message.

I want to know, Is the page change will fix the fault issue?

Here you can see the comparison of files. Only pages are changed.

MathanRaja_0-1692624853242.png

Thanks

Mathan

0 Likes
1 Solution
Viswa
10 likes received 50 solutions authored 100 replies posted

Hi

The change in parameter page is not the issue as the fault depends on the following

Improper configuration of the following will lead to Flux  PLL out of control Fault:
  • Incorrect number of pole pairs
  • Improper configuration of Flux estimator time constant( usually 4 to 5 times of L/R)
  • Improper configuration of PLL Kp and PLL ki 

Best Regards

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Viswa
10 likes received 50 solutions authored 100 replies posted

Hi

The change in parameter page is not the issue as the fault depends on the following

Improper configuration of the following will lead to Flux  PLL out of control Fault:
  • Incorrect number of pole pairs
  • Improper configuration of Flux estimator time constant( usually 4 to 5 times of L/R)
  • Improper configuration of PLL Kp and PLL ki 

Best Regards
0 Likes
MathanRaja
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Viswa,

Let me check and reconfigure. I will get back to you.

FYI:  I have uploaded the motor 1 parameter file individually (without combining it with the motor 2 file). In this condition, I didn't get any errors. The motor running fine.

Thanks

0 Likes
MathanRaja
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Viswa,

I have attached the value of kp & ki. I got it from our existing software. How can I use it in MCEwizard Q62 & 63? 

MathanRaja_0-1692945534343.png

Thanks

0 Likes