Firmware and Parameter file Erasing when power off happens in EVAL IMM101T-046M

Announcements

From sunburn to sun earn – we’ve got the power! Watch our #poweringgreen videos now.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
MathanRaja
Level 4
Level 4
100 sign-ins 10 questions asked 25 replies posted

Hi Support Team,

As you know, I am uploading the parameter file through stm32.

Now, If the power is off at the time of application mode (like connect, check communication, and change config mode to application mode). If I reconnect the board gets starts communicating.

But if the power is off at the time of Config mode. if I reconnect the board it is not communicating. So again I have to use MCE Designer to upload the parameter file. then, it starts communicating with stm32.

How to handle this? I want to upload the parameter file through stm32 after the power is off without MCE Designer's help.

Thanks

Mathan

0 Likes
1 Solution
MathanRaja
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

I have resolved this issue.

In my, both eval board isolator chip was damaged. so I have removed that chip and shorted it.

while in that issue, I have given the same supply for both the onboard debugger and IMM chip.

now I have given a separate 3.3v supply for the debugger and IMM. The issue got resolved.

Thanks

Mathan

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Viswa
10 likes received 50 solutions authored 100 replies posted

Hi Mathan,

In this scenario,

try to establish communication with the iMOTION controller in SBSL mode, as we are in config mode the reply would be 0xCD.  The rest of the process will be same to get status and start uploading the data.

Best Regards,

0 Likes
MathanRaja
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Viswa,

Is it possible to establish SBSL mode communication through stm32 without MCE software?

Thanks

0 Likes
Viswa
10 likes received 50 solutions authored 100 replies posted

Hi Mathan,

In the current scenario, we are trying to update the configuration parameters only(the MCE firmware is already programmed on the chip) .

On every power-up please check the reply for the connect command 0x00 0x6C,

if the return value is 0xCD it means the system is in Configuration mode and 

we have to program the configuration parameters.

We can follow the process as outlined earlier to get the config status and update the config parameters.

Best Regards,

Viswanadham Y

0 Likes
MathanRaja
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

I have resolved this issue.

In my, both eval board isolator chip was damaged. so I have removed that chip and shorted it.

while in that issue, I have given the same supply for both the onboard debugger and IMM chip.

now I have given a separate 3.3v supply for the debugger and IMM. The issue got resolved.

Thanks

Mathan

0 Likes