Announcements

From sunburn to sun earn – we’ve got the power! Watch our #poweringgreen videos now.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
jjjtttrrrr
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First reply posted First question asked

Hello, I have found a weird bug/error in the PWM sequencing during bootstrap charging in a custom application using IMC101T-Q48.

Phase V low side PWM is going HIGH a bit before phase U low side and then staying HIGH until it should go LOW which it does fine. I have not observed any errors later in the bootstrap charging process or during normal operation.

Some further investigation proved that this phenomenon happens with a switching frequency of 10kHz and 8kHz, but not at any other frequency I tried. I have tested the following frequencies where it does not happen: [kHz]

4, 5, 6, 7, 9, 9.9, 10.1, 11

This is not a major issue as the bootstrap charging still works, but it decreases the confidence in the product.

I am using iMotion_SD V5.03.07 package.

See attached scope captures for illustration.

0 Likes
1 Solution
SarkarSushru
10 likes received 100 sign-ins 25 solutions authored

Hi @jjjtttrrrr ,

The same issue was observed at our end also. We have raised an internal ticket regarding the same.

Thank you for pointing this issue out. This will be fixed in the upcoming release.

Best Regards
Sushruti

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
SarkarSushru

Hi @jjjtttrrrr 

Such phenomenon should not be happening in general.

We will try to reproduce the same and get back to you.

Could you please let us know at which points you are capturing the waveforms?

Thanks,
Sushruti

0 Likes

These are the very first PWM pulses after pressing "Start Motor" in Solution Designer

0 Likes
SarkarSushru

Hi @jjjtttrrrr ,

The same issue was observed at our end also. We have raised an internal ticket regarding the same.

Thank you for pointing this issue out. This will be fixed in the upcoming release.

Best Regards
Sushruti

0 Likes