Announcements

From sunburn to sun earn – we’ve got the power! Watch our #poweringgreen videos now.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Kaleeswaran
Level 2
Level 2
10 questions asked 25 sign-ins First like received

hello all,

normally I start the motor in Mce Designer It works, but when I tried to use the “VF Diagnostic” function on the motor1 page it showed a gate kill error, kindly share how to solve this issue. here I also shared normal motor start operation.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Krupashankar
500 replies posted 50 likes received 25 likes received

Hi @Kaleeswaran,

VF Diagnostic mode runs the motor in an open loop voltage control method where the current will not be limited, which would have resulted in a high starting current leading to gate kill fault.

To avoid this Gate Kill fault in VF Diagnostic mode try reducing Vd_Ext or try increasing the over current limit within the safe operating value.

Thanks,

Krupashankar

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Krupashankar
500 replies posted 50 likes received 25 likes received

Hi @Kaleeswaran,

VF Diagnostic mode runs the motor in an open loop voltage control method where the current will not be limited, which would have resulted in a high starting current leading to gate kill fault.

To avoid this Gate Kill fault in VF Diagnostic mode try reducing Vd_Ext or try increasing the over current limit within the safe operating value.

Thanks,

Krupashankar

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Kaleeswaran
Level 2
Level 2
10 questions asked 25 sign-ins First like received

thank you it's working when I change the Vd_Ext  value 1vrms to 0.9(roughly I put it). but my doubt is how the vd_ext value is calculated.  In the software reference manual 

Output duty cycle =((Vd_Ext × 2048)/4974 × DcBusVoltsFilt)*100%

Here i) DcBusVoltsFilt is my bus voltage or not

ii)how much duty cycle I set for the VF diagnostic?

here i attach the iu vs iv waveform, is it okay?

0 Likes

Hi ,

VF Diagnostic is an open loop voltage control method, used to check if the motor is running and to analyse the associated current profiles. It is not a recommended method for running the motor.

Vd_Ext voltage input depends on the motor target speed and load.

To get the motor run at low RPM,in VF diagnostics, Vd_Ext value should be adjusted.

To know the calculation, please see the properties of Vd_Ext, info section in MCEDesigner.

SarkarSushru_1-1699613327571.png

i) DcBusVoltsFilt is the filtered DC bus voltage. It is denoted by VdcFilt in the reference manual.

ii) Based on the Vd_Ext value, Output duty cycle will be adjusted by the controller.

Current waveform seems sinusoidal. Please make sure the current sensing parameters are properly configured.

Thank you

0 Likes