DC bus compensation

Announcements

From sunburn to sun earn – we’ve got the power! Watch our #poweringgreen videos now.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
rahulpillai
Level 1
Level 1
5 questions asked 5 sign-ins First like received
Hi there, We use the IMC101 for motor control where the DC link is supplied by a 3ph diode rectifier. Thus the DC link voltage ripple is 6 times the line frequency. At high powers, I can see that the ripple in DC link voltage directly affects the Id, Iq currents even though I have enabled DC bus compensation in the settings. The ripple in Id, Iq seems a bit too high for our application (20% peak to peak ripple in Iq seen at average Iq of 50%). The DC link sensing circuit on our board works fine as I verified the ripple in Vdcraw signal with iSD oscilloscope against real measurements. Can you comment on why the DC bus compensatoin might not be working as it should?
0 Likes
2 Replies
SarkarSushru
50 sign-ins 10 solutions authored 25 replies posted

Hi ,

For reducing the ripples we suggest the following:

1. Try increasing the current regulator bandwidth.
  2. It is recommended to choose a DC Bus capacitor based on the voltage ripples.
  3. Tune Current regulator gains (KpIreg, KxIreg, KpIregD) to reduce oscillations in the current waveforms.

Thanks

Sushruti

0 Likes
LiliannaDenver
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted Welcome!

@rahulpillai wrote:
Hi there, We use the IMC101 for motor control where the DC link is supplied by a 3ph diode rectifier. Thus the DC link voltage ripple is 6 times the line frequency. At high powers, I can see that the ripple in DC link voltage directly affects the Id, Iq currents even though I have enabled DC bus compensation in the settings. The ripple in Id, Iq seems a bit too high for our application (20% peak to peak ripple in Iq seen at average Iq of 50%). The DC link sensing circuit on our board works fine as I verified the ripple in Vdcraw signal with iSD oscilloscope against real measurements. Can you comment on why the DC bus compensatoin might not be working as it should? Geometria Dash APK

Have you considered the possibility of limitations in the hardware or software of the IMC101 that could be hindering the proper functioning of the DC bus compensation feature?

0 Likes