CPU load in IMC102T Controler

Announcements

From sunburn to sun earn – we’ve got the power! Watch our #poweringgreen videos now.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Mahimc2020
Level 3
Level 3
25 sign-ins 10 questions asked 10 replies posted

Hi,

I have used IC IMC102 controller Motor to start the motor.

In the configuration MCE Wizard, I set the switching frequency (inverter =Fsw=6Khz & PFC= Fsw=55Khz).

But because the switching frequency of the inverter is 6Khz , the sound noise of the motor is high and this is annoying.

On the other hand, with the increase of the switching frequency of the inverter, ،Total CPU load becomes more than 90%.

I need frequency switching PFC 55Khz  and Fast control rate =1 ,

What solution do you offer to remove audio noise without increasing Total CPU load?

Best Regards.

0 Likes
1 Solution
LinGuohui
500 replies posted 50 likes received 250 solutions authored

Hi @Mahimc2020 ,

There are some advice from imotion user manual , Refer chapter4.6 . Hope this is helpful for you.

LinGuohui_0-1660527769458.png

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
LinGuohui

Hi @Mahimc2020 ,

There are some advice from imotion user manual , Refer chapter4.6 . Hope this is helpful for you.

LinGuohui_0-1660527769458.png

0 Likes

Hi  - Thanks for the reply.

Ok, that's a good suggestion.

I in the configuration MCEWizard for the basic parameters of the IMC102 Included

inverter =Fsw=12Khz & PFC= Fsw=55Khz , Fast control rate =2).

In this case, the amount Total CPU load is 78%

Doesn't this have a negative effect on the execution of the script program?

Best Regards.

0 Likes
LinGuohui

Hi,

Script engine use few CPU resource. The shortest possible execution period is 1 ms for Task 0. There is usually no effect of Script code When CPU load calculated by MCEWizard is less than 90%. Also, You can check actual CPU load during the run time via read register " CPU_Load ". Ensure the system is safily.

0 Likes

Hi, Thanks for the reply.

I had a general question about controllers iMotion (IMC100 , IMC300).

I am planning to design a driver that is general and any type of Motor (PMSM , BLDC , induction) can be auto-tuned to obtain its parameters and then start it.

Is it possible to program with the iMOTION™ Integrated Motor Control  (IMC100 , IMC300) in such a way that the parameters of the motor can be obtained by self-testing (Without tuning the parameters again in MCEWizard - such as drivers of companies ABB , simens, Danfoos ,....)?

Is there a application note or programming code that can guide me?

Best Regards.

0 Likes
LinGuohui

Hi,

This is not supported. Different motors need different parameter inputs, and additional software calculations and hardware are required to realize the functions you said.

(You'd better create a new thread if you have other question.)

0 Likes